Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Alien Box set for a £1 !

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Alien Box set for a £1 !

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-00, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never seen a single one of the Alien films, so I thought I might take a look at one.
Since there is the 15% freeserve promotion on, and I had 250 points (for reviews and reccomending friends etc.) I thought I would check out the box set. I looked about, and there was absolutely nothing at all worth buying (Region 2) that I didn't already have, so I thought I would check it out...
RRP £70
DVDStreet price £60
Promotion price £50.99
250 pts discount £0.99!

Thats right, with all the discounts, I managed to pick this beauty up for a mere pound....Which is really amusing, because I have seen so many people boasting about how they got it for £40 using the WH Smith 3 for 2 offer very amusing indeed...As I said though, I have never seen any of th Alien series, so I hope I will enjoy these films...Even if I don't though, I still have a Limited edition 5 DVD box set that will look very good on my shelf!

Can bargains come any better than this????

------------------
Welshlad
Old 05-27-00, 09:04 PM
Banned

I will see if I can beat you on the X Files season 2 DVD set...stay tuned...
Old 05-28-00, 08:45 AM

But just how long did it take to write all those reviews? At 5 points per review (given that the review is accepted) that's a lot of reviews needed to get over 200 loyalty points. It's got to have taken a few hours to write that many reviews - why not just do a few hours overtime at work instead?

------------------
Dan.

"Do I know what rhetorical means?" - Homer J Simpson
Old 05-28-00, 08:58 AM

Or you could just refer 10 friends.
Old 05-28-00, 08:59 AM

How about the X Files Season One set for free with 10 pounds cash back and nothing to pay for 6 months? I bought two from Reel using the various rebates and stuff so they were around 30 pounds each. Then sold one on ebay for 72 pounds. And to save me paying now, I included Pete's Dragon in the order which isn't out until November, so I've nothing to pay until then.

------------------
[\/]
|OO|
\ ~/
| |
|!!|____
0000___/
Old 05-28-00, 02:12 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by CrumpetMan:
But just how long did it take to write all those reviews? At 5 points per review that's a lot of reviews needed to get over 200 loyalty points. It's got to have taken a few hours to write that many reviews - why not just do a few hours overtime at work instead?

<HR>

Like I said in the original post, it was a mixture of reviews and referrals, and when a referral makes a purchase, they give you £5 (25 pts) for that alone....You would have been suprised how quickly it builds up!
Apart from that, as for the overtime, you don't get paid any extra as a student for staying behind in University.....

------------------
Welshlad
Old 05-28-00, 03:32 PM
Banned

Mr Bigglesworth, you're a scam artist.
Old 05-28-00, 03:52 PM

Well if people are clever enough to know about ebay and use it, you think they might try searching for online DVD sellers. It's not my fault their stupid and long may we exploit this