Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Leon

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-00, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon is out on Region 2 DVD on Monday(?), and I was considering buying it....I like the sound of the film, but have never heard anything about it....

Has anyone seen this film, and if so, would you recommend it?
What extras are on the DVD?

Cheers

Welshlad
P.s. Can anyone recommend any quality up and coming R2 DVD releases?

[This message has been edited by Welshlad (edited May 13, 2000).]
Old 05-13-00, 05:12 PM
otv

buh!

how could you not have heard of leon

Awesome film.

ive got the integral version which has an extra 20 minutes of plot to it... worth getting if you can.

not sure on what is with the r2 release though.
Old 05-13-00, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Strange... I saw it in WH Smiths today... wouldn't be the first time they'd clumsily broken street date, though...

Anyway, it's a great film, one of my favourites of all time, but DO NOT BUY THE UK VERSION! If you want to buy this film, try and get hold of a copy of the Japanese version; it's the longest version that's available, and has a good twenty-odd minutes of really good stuff that's been cut out of the middle of the film in other countries. The only problem is, it costs about twice as much to get hold of, so if you've never seen the film before, I suggest you rent it first to see if you like it; if you do, then the Japanese version would be money well spent.

As for features, you get absolutely dick, unfortunately. In this respect, the Japanese version is the WORST put together disc I have ever seen; it doesn't even have so much as a menu screen! But, it is the most complete version of the film available in any country. The UK version, from what I read on the sleeve in the shops, has bugger all features, and it's the heavily cut version.

Word is that there'll be a US re-release of this film later on this year, but that will also be the "cut" version. It may have a couple of worthwhile features, though.

Summary; Rent the UK version first. If you like it, buy the Japanese version, and maybe hold out for the US version to see if it's got any good extras. But I wouldn't bother buying the UK version.

------------------
It's true that no man is an island. But if you take a bunch of dead guys and nail them together, they make a pretty good raft. redmeat.com

ICQ# 61040969 Me and my DVDs...
Old 05-13-00, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

US version will be integral.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 05-13-00, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My bad. Last I heard it was going to be the cut version in the US. Been spending too much time in the Other forum, I don't actually know what's going on in the world of DVDs anymore

------------------
It's true that no man is an island. But if you take a bunch of dead guys and nail them together, they make a pretty good raft. redmeat.com

ICQ# 61040969 Me and my DVDs...