Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Family Wonder 3 for 1 deal

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Family Wonder 3 for 1 deal

Old 05-08-00, 02:46 AM
otv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right this was added to the normal dvd forum following on from the 3 for 1 deal they have at present:
-------------------

Format Title You Save Price
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DVD Antz $34.98 $0.00
DVD Galaxy Quest $4.00 $22.99
DVD Truman Show $29.99 $0.00

Tax $0.00
Shipping $52.25
TOTAL $75.24
So close, think i will give it a miss
thats FW.com and there excessive international delivery charges for yah!

------
DHL - International $23.00 + $9.75 for each item $52.25
------

sod it.

right ive just mailed them about their shipping charges seeming as they use the same shipper as reel. DHL International.

lets now wait for their response.

[This message has been edited by otv (edited May 07, 2000).]
Old 05-08-00, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They don’t care. I’ve had a couple of run-ins with these losers from as far back as November. For some reason at that time their site was letting you check out at $4.25 for shipping to the UK. Bet you can guess what’s coming next! Yep, still haven’t seen the DVD despite numerous promises, assurances and e-mail and snail mail (from me to them I should hasten to add - they have only once sent me unsolicited mail). I have a bunch of correspondence with them that I’ll sort through and post here later, in particular my last mail to them which is a doozy, I was soooo pissed at them.

FWIW IMO, these people make CDUniverse look like the e-tailer of the year. NEVER, EVER give them your business.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 05-08-00, 03:17 PM
Modfather

jonathan.e, you may be right about international orders, but I live in the States and have taken advantage of the 3 for 1 and the 1 free. Not bad.

otv, if you're interested in having them shipped to me, I'll forward them to you - for a small fee LMK Drop me an email if interested.
Old 05-08-00, 08:29 PM
otv

thanks for the advise J.E I look forward to you replies and to theirs.

Thanks also for the offer Modfather, but i will continue to use reel and amazon for the time being unless i see some useful offer from them

thanks again
Old 05-08-00, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonathan.e:
They don’t care. I’ve had a couple of run-ins with these losers from as far back as November. For some reason at that time their site was letting you check out at $4.25 for shipping to the UK. Bet you can guess what’s coming next! <HR>

Heh, I tried the same trick with the cheap shipping and the $15 first time customer. Naturually my order never saw the light of day despite hassling them with a few emails. I also tried the $30 + free shipping user specific coupon that got posted a while back but I didn't really expect it to work. I gather they only sent them out to users who got screwed over during pre-Xmas, but in which case then where was mine FW??

Chris D