International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

POintclick, DVD's & The UK

Old 04-08-00, 11:11 AM

Can anyone inform me of any company listed on pointclick, that will ship DVD's to the UK?
800.com is on there, but they don't ship here, and I have seen a lot of confucion about gamecave (aka Express.com) as to if they will reimburse, but despite searching, I can find nothing conclusive.

If anyone knows, can you please post or e-mail me direct?

Thanks

Welshlad
Old 04-09-00, 02:50 PM

Unfortunately, this doesn't exactly answer your query but it will clarify unanswered questions elsewhere in DVDTalk about Pointclick.

I'm in the same position as you but I wanted to use eGreetings to buy Reel Gift Certificates. The big problem with eGreetings is their obstinate policy of not shipping internationally ( even though GCs require no shipping ) and in their FAQ they state that they cannot accept non US credit cards.

So I tried anyway. I used one of my employers addresses and Zip codes as suggested elsewhere in DVDTalk. I submitted the request using my mastercard and all went well. I now have the $50 GC code to use at reel. They do not appear to have a problem with an address not associated with the CC or the fact that I have a UK issued CC.

I'm now set to place an order with Reel tomorrow using their new $10 coupon, my GC and the latest $10 off $50 offer from BFL.

These will be my cheapest disks yet ( especially when you also consider the 10% discout by pointclick on the GC ).

I'm now working my way towards the next $50 GC.
Old 04-09-00, 03:49 PM

if you use other's billing address, will you get reimbursement from pointclick, because it is different than your account address.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter.R:
Unfortunately, this doesn't exactly answer your query but it will clarify unanswered questions elsewhere in DVDTalk about Pointclick.

I'm in the same position as you but I wanted to use eGreetings to buy Reel Gift Certificates. The big problem with eGreetings is their obstinate policy of not shipping internationally ( even though GCs require no shipping ) and in their FAQ they state that they cannot accept non US credit cards.

So I tried anyway. I used one of my employers addresses and Zip codes as suggested elsewhere in DVDTalk. I submitted the request using my mastercard and all went well. I now have the $50 GC code to use at reel. They do not appear to have a problem with an address not associated with the CC or the fact that I have a UK issued CC.

I'm now set to place an order with Reel tomorrow using their new $10 coupon, my GC and the latest $10 off $50 offer from BFL.

These will be my cheapest disks yet ( especially when you also consider the 10% discout by pointclick on the GC ).

I'm now working my way towards the next $50 GC.

Old 04-09-00, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I may be blind, or this is something new, but on the main pointclick page, about 3/4 of the way down on the right hand side, there is a place to suggest sites that pointclick should include.

I suggested all the usual suspects (reel, checkout, amazon (again), express.com, etc.)

I don't know if it will make a difference if a bunch of people suggest these sites or not, but it is worth a shot. If egreetings goes away, the DVD selection will be VERY limited from pointclick, especially for you folks outside the US
Old 04-19-00, 07:07 PM

OK. Follow up.
I _finally_ got my reimbursement posted to Pointclick once they'd sorted out the credit card details problem.

My reimbursement has been accepted and is now awaiting payment ( could be this Friday ).

So, the procedure detailed above does appear to work.