Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone Ever Order from Here?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-10, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/

I'm thinking about getting a new region free DVD player from a more well known brand than RJTech and I'd like to get this one since it's on sale this week:

http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/toshiba555.html

But I don't know if it's a reliable site.
Old 04-22-10, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone Ever Order from Here?

I haven't ordered from there, but I have ordered from here:

http://www.world-import.com/dvd.htm

Also, they have a store in Franklin Park, so you can pay them a visit.

They have good prices, I've never had nor have heard of any bad experiences with them (as always, take that with a grain of salt ) and they have name brand, multi-region players/recorders.
Old 04-22-10, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/

I'm thinking about getting a new region free DVD player from a more well known brand than RJTech and I'd like to get this one since it's on sale this week:

http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/toshiba555.html

But I don't know if it's a reliable site.
I ordered my JVC X-BP 11 all-region player from them without any issues. Fast shipping and good customer service.
Old 04-22-10, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're uncomfortable ordering a player online, you can get a Philips 3982 from Walmart for around $45. It plays Divx, Xvid, and wmv files, does upscaling and progressive scan, and handles PAL just fine. It becomes region-free with a few seconds work with a remote - that's how most "hacks" offered by online merchants are done these days.

For an extra $15, you can pick up a Philips 5990 from Best Buy. All the features of the above plus a USB 2.0 port to play files from a flashdrive or external HDD.

And I'd recommend anyone in the market for a region-free player to poke around videohelp.com first. You may already own one.
Old 04-22-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

www.220-electronics.com is reputable as well
Old 04-22-10, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Preterite
If you're uncomfortable ordering a player online, you can get a Philips 3982 from Walmart for around $45. It plays Divx, Xvid, and wmv files, does upscaling and progressive scan, and handles PAL just fine. It becomes region-free with a few seconds work with a remote - that's how most "hacks" offered by online merchants are done these days.

For an extra $15, you can pick up a Philips 5990 from Best Buy. All the features of the above plus a USB 2.0 port to play files from a flashdrive or external HDD.

And I'd recommend anyone in the market for a region-free player to poke around videohelp.com first. You may already own one.
You're sure it does PAL conversion?

EDIT: Never mind after doing some research I went out and bought it and did the code and everything and it works great! Thanks so much!

Last edited by The Monkees; 04-22-10 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-22-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, glad to be of help!

I guess I should have mentioned that I've been using the Philips players for years. I'm still getting mileage out of a 5960, but I bought a 3982 for my mom last year and it works great.
Old 04-22-10, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Preterite
Awesome, glad to be of help!

I guess I should have mentioned that I've been using the Philips players for years. I'm still getting mileage out of a 5960, but I bought a 3982 for my mom last year and it works great.
The only thing is that I still have some audio problems. As I stated in a different thread, I bought the 3 seasons of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers from Germany. Now I used to have an older RJTech region free that worked just fine, I just had to put something heavy on top of it in order for it work (yeah, I don't know) so I chose to buy a different RJTech one and whenever I would play anything with a lot of motion the video would screw up and the audio would get off synch. So after I got this one today, I noticed that the audio is still getting off just a bit, but there's that menu option LIP SYNCH and I screw around with that a bit and usually I can get back on correctly.

Also I should mention that the MMPR sets played just fine on the old RJTech (not the 2nd one, but the first one) with no audio or video problems, so it's not the actual discs.