Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fine pena mai (Italy)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Fine pena mai (Italy)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-08, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine pena mai (Italy)

Davide Barletti and Lorenzo Conte's Fine pena mai (2008) is now out in Italy and I can confirm that it is English friendly.

The director:*

Fine Pena Mai (No End of Punishment) is based on the crude and strong book “Vista d’interni” (Interiors View) by Antonio Perrone. Once we read it, we thought it was the ideal story to tell the 1980s in Apulia, when this new mafia, the Sacred United Crown, was born.

These were pretty tough years, that somehow went hand by hand with a sort of pillage culture of that area. We wanted to tell the story of this torn land: the Apulia during those years. We were inspired by this intense book as it does tells a love story but romance is set in this raped land that was just experiencing the birth of a new cruel mafia. It was just like a shooting star, as it lasted just a few years but it left over many mourning and tragedies.

I have to say that it is always more difficult to make a movie in Italy today. There’s this growing success and power of television fictions and series, that we are very proud of trying to tell a difficult theme like the one of the Sacred United Crown’s emergence. It certainly brings on different topics, like the one of the 41bis law, of isolation and that of ill- treatments in prisons. We believe that our is a needed film to tell a rough period that has not been faced but in judicial terms.
**Courtesy of Making-Of-Europa

Pro-B
Old 08-06-08, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I envy those in our community who can declare that their film collections are nearly complete and that they pretty much own everything they could possibly want on DVD. As for me, just trying to keep up with films produced in 2007, 2008, 2009, and on into the future is more than enough to keep me (overly) invested in this hobby, and I know there is still a wealth of great older cinema yet to be mined...problem is I don't know if it is financially viable for anyone to do so.

Anyway, I hope Xploited might be open to grabbing a copy of this movie for me.
Old 08-06-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flixtime
I envy those in our community who can declare that their film collections are nearly complete and that they pretty much own everything they could possibly want on DVD.
I am in full agreement with you Flix. There is a staggering number of films out there that I have a great deal of interest in. Artificial Eye's output during the last couple of years for example has kept me incredibly busy. Their DVDs of films that you typically have to shop around to locate in an English-friendly form have been outstanding. Then you get all of the classic films that are still trickling in slowly.

On topic: I think that you would enjoy the film above.

Pro-B