Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Grindhouse 6-disc from Japan

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Grindhouse 6-disc from Japan

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
If someone wants the Machete poster, I will trade it for 1 Blu-ray or HD DVD title. Doesn't have to be an expensive one. Something bought on clearance or BOGO is fine. If anyone's interested, I'll send a wish-list.

[Update: Got a good offer. Poster has been claimed.]

Last edited by Josh Z; 03-31-08 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-30-08, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
If someone wants the Machete poster, I will trade it for 1 Blu-ray or HD DVD title. Doesn't have to be an expensive one. Something bought on clearance or BOGO is fine. If anyone's interested, I'll send a wish-list.
PM me your list.
Old 03-30-08, 04:58 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
It's not a big deal. Once you go over it once, you'll know exactly what and where everything is. Trust me, don't let something that minor keep you from picking up this set.
i didn't, i ordered it, but then just found out the whole thing is on STRZ tonight and i have STRZ and i can tape it!!!!!

now, someone justify why i should keep this set...please! i need to feel better or will simply return it when it comes!
Old 03-30-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
i didn't, i ordered it, but then just found out the whole thing is on STRZ tonight and i have STRZ and i can tape it!!!!!

now, someone justify why i should keep this set...please! i need to feel better or will simply return it when it comes!
Just about every recent movie is shown on cable, so, if all you wanna do is watch the flicks once or twice, then return your set when it arrives. If it's that the price is too high, then, again, return your set when it arrives.
At least for me, the main point of owning this set is to have the original Grindhouse feature and to add a film(s) that I love to my DVD collection. It's a little pricey, but I'm OK with it. If a cheaper domestic one comes out, I'm still OK with it. (Although, I doubt this will happen mainly because the film was a MAJOR flop here in the states.) Life is short and I've rolled my dice and I gotta have my Grindhouse. Besides, I'm still ticked I never imported the two Kill Bills because I'm still waiting on the danged Whole Bloody Affair package.
Old 03-31-08, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
The Machete poster has been claimed. Thanks, everyone.
Old 03-31-08, 10:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
crisis averted - my copy arrived over the weekend - hooray!
Old 03-31-08, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know if this was/is on Starz HD, also?
Old 03-31-08, 02:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
yes it is - it was last night (30th) and tonight (31st) 9pm (EST). StarzHD doesn't have it's April schedule up yet, so I have no idea if there will be any April broadcast dates.

Last edited by Giles; 03-31-08 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-31-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
yes it is - it was last night (30th) and tonight (31st) 9pm (EST). StarzHD doesn't have it's April schedule up yet, so I have no idea if there will be any April broadcast dates.

Cool -- thanks!
Old 03-31-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got a decent deal on the Kill Bill Premium Editions on eBay, and just bit the bullet and ordered this from YesAsia. Should be coming in this week or next week. I already have the Best Buy 3-Disc Steel Book Editions, but couldn't resist having the theatrical release, the 6th Bonus Disc, and the sweet packaging. Plus, I seriously doubt that the United States will be seeing anything this nice, let along a bare bones theatrical release, anytime soon (if at all).
Old 04-01-08, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alkaline
Just a piece of trivia--the R3 HK releases of DP and PT are full bitrate dts. They're the longer international edits as released in the U.S. Just thought some of you may like to know.
Thanks for that!
Old 04-30-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got my R2 Japan edition from HMV JP this morning. very happy to find the Machete poster packed inside the envelope as well. i ordered it just last week, so for those that want the poster, they've still got 'em. luckily my set arrived mint, but they just threw everything inside a bubble envelope, sheesh.
Old 05-01-08, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do all copies come with the Machete poster?
Old 05-02-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Do all copies come with the Machete poster?
only if you buy from hmv. IE, I didn't get one
Old 05-10-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just ordered it from HMV. I couldn't find it by "grindhouse" had to use "grind house". In case anyone else is looking. I think it was 85.36
Old 05-13-08, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mine has arrived!
can anyone translate the menu options?
thanks
Old 05-13-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by MrPink
I just ordered it from HMV. I couldn't find it by "grindhouse" had to use "grind house". In case anyone else is looking. I think it was 85.36
Aww, thanks for that! I went looking and couldn't find it either. I just figured that they had sold out. Looks like I have another chance to claim my prize.
Old 05-19-08, 05:34 PM

Hey new guy here, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you, including p&p for the DVD from hmv.co.jp. I was looking it said £44 but also said

"As this delivery cost may be different from the actual delivery cost charged for the order,
please consider the delivery cost shown above as the reference."

What does this mean? I've never ordered from Japan before but I just really want this Grindhouse 6 disc.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-08, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by dishpan
mine has arrived!
thanks
If you post some screenshots, I could certainly give it a try.
Old 05-20-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dishpan
mine has arrived!
thanks
Weren't they posted a page or two back?
Old 05-27-08, 01:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Weren't they posted a page or two back?
i just scrolled back through and am not seeing it, but i may be blind.
Old 05-27-08, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Anyone heard of any possibility of something like this being released on Blu-ray? I know the films are available individually on Blu, but I would love to find one nice package like this one.
Old 05-29-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can anybody help me? I'm contemplating buying this but it's hard to make sense of these Japanese sites. I can figure out the price using currency conversion, but I'm curious about shipping and other costs that can occur when importing something. Any help or recommendations on this? I'm trying to have it shipped to Michigan, zip code 48910.
Old 05-30-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
Can anybody help me? I'm contemplating buying this but it's hard to make sense of these Japanese sites. I can figure out the price using currency conversion, but I'm curious about shipping and other costs that can occur when importing something. Any help or recommendations on this? I'm trying to have it shipped to Michigan, zip code 48910.
www.Amazon.co.jp has an In English option top right corner of the default page, and since it is just like the US site, it is easy to navigate. www.cdjapan.co.jp is pretty much in English. Most sites will let you see shipping cost before confirming your order just like amazon.com does. When you get the order total including shipping, go www.xe.com and see what the currency conversion is. You can expect your bank or CC company to add a few of a few dollars as a currency conversion fee which I'm guessing is a ripoff. It should be less than $4 (Mastercard charge me $2.72). www.hmv.co.jp has an English button top left corner but you have to search grind house as two words. Ordering from Japan is easy. You can't expect bargain prices though (Thank the weak $). Amazon worked out cheapest for me but I still paid like $90.98 plus the $2.72 fee. I seriously doubt it would cost any more for them to ship Michigan vs TN.

Last edited by Subgeniusguy; 05-30-08 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-31-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by malachyisntdead
"As this delivery cost may be different from the actual delivery cost charged for the order,
please consider the delivery cost shown above as the reference."

What does this mean? I've never ordered from Japan before but I just really want this Grindhouse 6 disc.

Thanks.
It's HMV covering their backs. Basic shipping rates will pop up on everything, and if an item has extra discs or comes in a heavy box, the rate shown will be wrong. They will weigh everything before shipping; an item such as Grindhouse that contains 6 discs will cost them more than a single disc title to send, so they will charge accordingly. There is no free ride. They used to either call you or just cancel the order and send an email to the buyer to contact them and let them know if you still want the item and are willing to pay the added shipping.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.