Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Stephen Chow's FROM BEIJING WITH LOVE anamorphic/english subbed DVD?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if any Hong Kong company or Dragon Dynasty is going to release Stephen Chow's FROM BEIJING WITH LOVE as an anamorphic/english subbed DVD? It was just released in France as anamorphic, but with only French Subtitles.

Old 10-01-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=16590
Old 10-02-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ManicSounds,
thanks, but that DVD is non-anamorphic. When Carl Davis reviewed that DVD, he wrote "16:9 widescreen" meaning non-anamorphic letterboxed widescreen, which can be immediately confusing (he reviewed another Stephen Chow DVD right after this one and used the wording "16:9 anamorphic widescreen"). Whenever I see "16:9", I interpret that as anamorphic as well, but that's not what Carl meant. I'm surprised to still find, once in a while, that DVD Talk reviewers forget to include the exact words "anamorphic" or "non-anamorphic" in their reviews which can frustrate consumers looking for confirmation of that important video spec.
Old 10-06-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

China dvd studios are remastering lots of stephen chow movies in 16:9. Look for them.
Old 10-06-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Knives, yeah, I just hope they are saving this one for last at least. During the time of their remastering of Stephen Chow DVDs, From Beijing With Love was released again on DVD with DTS but still letterboxed. I kind of get worried when a DVD gets re-released with no anamorphic video. Even on the Japan and Taiwan versions, they are letterboxed as well. France and Germany seem to be the first in line with the re-mastering of Chinese/HK classics. Still waiting for anamorphic, english subtitled version of STORM RIDERS as well.