International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Paris Je T'aime?

Old 07-30-07, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Je T'aime?

I am contemplating ordering the all-region Deltamac disc. Does anyone own this edition? How is it in terms of picture/audio quality and extras? Should I get this version or wait for eventual region 1 disc to come out down the road?

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/pa...n-p-11193.html
Old 07-31-07, 09:24 AM

I got this yesterday... have only taken a very quick look at it, but nothing struck me about the sound/pic being poor or problematic; both appeared fine. Obviously I haven't watched it all yet, but the general quality plus the extras on disc 2 seem fine for the money, IMO. Without knowing what the R1 will be like, I guess it all depends on how keen you are to see the film...

Hope this helps,

Dazza.
Old 07-31-07, 10:23 PM
Cool New Member

From what I understand, the French speaking portion of the extras is not subtitled in English. I've been dying to buy this also but I've held off until a more English-friendly version is released.

Dazza, is this correct?
Old 08-01-07, 04:16 AM

Will check later on today and will post back...
Old 08-01-07, 05:30 AM

OK, just looked at the extras disc, and it's how you've described it, rhymeswithorang: you can select English as a subs option (either on the menu or via the remote during playback), but while English audio sections have English subs there are none for the French audio. For example, I took a look at the "making of..." the Olivier Assayas section with English subs switched on, and while his talking in French brought up no subs, there nonetheless were some when Maggie Gyllenhaal spoke in English. A bit of a strange one...

Dazza.
Old 08-01-07, 08:44 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the quick response. It's been difficult but I'm still going to wait until a better version is released such as R2UK but thus far I haven't seen an announcement.
Old 08-02-07, 04:35 AM

You're welcome. It's always difficult when we don't know if upcoming releases will be better than existing ones - do we stick or twist? I rarely have the time to watch extras, but having glanced at the 3+ hrs of material on disc 2 this may be one time when I'm tempted to do so.
The film is still in UK cinemas, but I imagine a DVD announcement might not be too far away.

Dazza.
Old 08-05-07, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this. I doubt the Region 1 will have that nice of artwork and have any extras at all.
Old 08-09-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

US release has been announced for 11/20 - no details yet.