Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW lose court ruling, owe £41M / impact on ability to continue trading

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW lose court ruling, owe £41M / impact on ability to continue trading

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well fellas, here we are, the arrival of CD-WOW's proclaimed magical cure-all date of July 16th....let's see what happens.
Old 07-16-07, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just checked--my Hot Fuzz dvd shows "pending shipment" still....i'll give'em until tomorrow to get it shipped out or i'll cancel my order
Old 07-17-07, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To say that I'm totally fed up with CD-WOW right now would be an understatement. There appears to have been absolutely no progress with my order. I e-mailed them yesterday requesting an update, and I await a response. If their response is anything short of them guaranteeing that the order will ship no later than this Friday, then I will immediately inform them to cancel my order and return my payment.

No matter what happens, the entire experience has soured me to such a degree that I will no longer support CD-WOW (even if they turn things around). I don't care what coupons or prices they might offer. I don't mind paying a little more to places like AmazonUK, Bensonsworld, Blah, DDDHouse, Buyoyo, Yesasia, DVDAsian, Sensasian, Xploited, Laserdisken, AxelMusic, AtlanticDVD, EzyDVD, DVDCrave, etc., etc., and etc.

I hope Geoff gives strong consideration to removing CD-WOW from the list of stores under this site's SHOP tab. He has always looked out for us and until (if it ever happens) CD-WOW gets their act together, I don't think this site should readily promote them.
Old 07-17-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

KEVIN, what's going on with PENDING SHIPMENTS"?
Old 07-17-07, 08:09 AM

just cancelled my order--this was my first order with them based on recommendations here but almost a month later and 3 emails stating it would be shipped 7/16/07 but still shows "pending dispatch" is just too much....hopefully i'm lucky enough to get my money back or i'll dispute the charge through my bank
Old 07-17-07, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
KEVIN, what's going on with PENDING SHIPMENTS"?
my 'love and honor' was one of those due on the 16th, not shipped yet...
no reply to emails either.
Old 07-17-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My refund came through today. I'm sorry to see CD-Wow have so much trouble, but at least they are honoring their refunds.
Old 07-17-07, 07:51 PM

Well, still no word about my order either. I emailed another complaint, so let's see what they have to say this time. I get another "Oh, it's still delayed" message, I'm cancelling.

I'm going to let Mr. David Lo Pan speak for me on this one: "This really pisses me off to no end!"
Old 07-18-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
So has nobody been getting any shipments from CD-Wow lately? I was planning on placing an order, but if the consensus is that they're no longer reliable, I'll redirect my order elsewhere.
Old 07-18-07, 04:16 PM

It looks like things may be on the up, I havent been having too much trouble with Wow recently and my most of my orders where coming through ok. I did however have a few orders that have been stuck on pending for ages but they were sent today
Old 07-18-07, 04:52 PM

Mine is still in "Pending Despatch". I decided to send in a cancellation request late Monday. If the order gets shipped before they get to my request (I have not heard back from them) so much the better, but I'm not holding my breath; if not, hopefully the refund will get processed properly and promptly.
Old 07-18-07, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by cine
Mine is still in "Pending Despatch". I decided to send in a cancellation request late Monday. If the order gets shipped before they get to my request (I have not heard back from them) so much the better, but I'm not holding my breath; if not, hopefully the refund will get processed properly and promptly.
Over here they have a free telephone number whereby cancellation/refund requests get actioned immediately, do they not have a similar number in the US?
Old 07-18-07, 05:27 PM
Cool New Member

My orders were shipped today also. I phoned them to cancel my order after being delayed three times and they told me they were about to post them! Just checked my account and they are marked as despatched.
Old 07-19-07, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by richard1.1
My orders were shipped today also. I phoned them to cancel my order after being delayed three times and they told me they were about to post them! Just checked my account and they are marked as despatched.
mines not shipped. no reply to emails either.
Old 07-19-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As for me, I got confirmation of despatch of "300 - Limited Steelbook Edition Region 3", release date 17th, despatched on the 18th.

Am I the only one that has fine service from them?
Old 07-19-07, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by logboy
mines not shipped. no reply to emails either.
might depend on the title you ordered, but i got a reply for my 'love and honor' and they now say in stock on the 30th...
Old 07-19-07, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by KevD
Over here they have a free telephone number whereby cancellation/refund requests get actioned immediately, do they not have a similar number in the US?
The phone number listed on CDWow-US is 01144-800-051-7046. Whether or not this number is toll free from the US is a moot point for now, as posted right below the phone number is this message:

"CD WOW! PHONE LINES

Due to a technical fault with our Telecom service provider, we are unable to answer your call at this moment. We are hoping this will be fixed soon by the Telecom Company.
In the mean time, you may e-mail your query to [email protected].

Please note that you may receive a delayed reply due to this issue as the e-mail volume is expected to be much higher than normal.

Your patience is greatly appreciated."

Seems like their problems are endless ...
Old 07-19-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've sent a few emails to a couple of personal email addresses at cd-wow, two people that used to always email me right back, and even they aren't responded anymore. Maybe it's because I didn't email about orders, I don't have anything ordered right now, but still, they used to email me right back.
Old 07-19-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by manicsounds
As for me, I got confirmation of despatch of "300 - Limited Steelbook Edition Region 3", release date 17th, despatched on the 18th.

Am I the only one that has fine service from them?
Nope, I got something within 3 days from the despatch date. They also shipped out my 300 Steelbook yesterday. I've had great service but I've been ordering from them these past couple weeks and not awhile back.
Old 07-19-07, 06:50 PM

Just got an email reply from CDWow saying they have now canceled my order as requested and processed a "rebate" via Realex (who is not the payment processor of my order when it was placed -- but hopefully that will not cause any problem).
Old 07-19-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my order is still showing "Pending Despatch". it has been that way since June 14th. I'm sending emails now.
Old 07-19-07, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by cine
Just got an email reply from CDWow saying they have now canceled my order as requested and processed a "rebate" via Realex (who is not the payment processor of my order when it was placed -- but hopefully that will not cause any problem).
i've yet to hear from someone regarding my cancellation....keep us informed on how yours goes through
Old 07-20-07, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just checked my order status online and it is indicating that my order for "Hot Fuzz" (R2 UK) has finally shipped. I never did receive any reply to my e-mail sent earlier in the week. I hope I'm finally free and clear in my dealings with CD-WOW (meaning that I hope my order is delivered without further issue).

I read over at kungfufandom that some of the folks there have been getting the delayed routine for their orders of the R1 Dragon Dynasty Shaws. First they were told the 16th and now the 31st. As mentioned, my delayed "Hot Fuzz" was R2. DVDTalker logboy has mentioned his delays on "Love and Honor" which is R3. If you place a new order, it seems far too unpredictable for a customer to know what they will receive as per the norm and what items might be subject to lengthy delays. CD-WOW does seem to be sending out product (albeit ever so slowly), and they do seem to be honoring refunds. While they might be doing their best under trying circumstances, right now that is not good enough for me. As of today, the most prudent course of action for me is to not place any new orders with CD-WOW; the peace of mind I will receive by paying perhaps a little more to purchase from one of their competitors is now my preferred choice.
Old 07-20-07, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by flixtime
I just checked my order status online and it is indicating that my order for "Hot Fuzz" (R2 UK) has finally shipped. I never did receive any reply to my e-mail sent earlier in the week. I hope I'm finally free and clear in my dealings with CD-WOW (meaning that I hope my order is delivered without further issue).

I read over at kungfufandom that some of the folks there have been getting the delayed routine for their orders of the R1 Dragon Dynasty Shaws. First they were told the 16th and now the 31st. As mentioned, my delayed "Hot Fuzz" was R2. DVDTalker logboy has mentioned his delays on "Love and Honor" which is R3. If you place a new order, it seems far too unpredictable for a customer to know what they will receive as per the norm and what items might be subject to lengthy delays. CD-WOW does seem to be sending out product (albeit ever so slowly), and they do seem to be honoring refunds. While they might be doing their best under trying circumstances, right now that is not good enough for me. As of today, the most prudent course of action for me is to not place any new orders with CD-WOW; the peace of mind I will receive by paying perhaps a little more to purchase from one of their competitors is now my preferred choice.
i've asked for a refund on my R3 'love and honor' now. no reply to that email yet, not sure how that will work - but i've stated to them what i state here now : i cannot rely on them any more. i will now switch to dddhouse.com for my R3 HK DVDs.
Old 07-20-07, 11:36 AM

i got an email back this morning stating my Hot Fuzz R2 dvd was packed and awaiting shipment and sure enough the website shows dispatched so hopefully i'll FINALLY have it in my hands a week or so from now

unfortunate this happens on my first order as i've read nothing but good things about them but i won't be placing another order with them

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.