Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW lose court ruling, owe £41M / impact on ability to continue trading

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW lose court ruling, owe £41M / impact on ability to continue trading

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the interests of fairness and full disclosure, I wanted to provide this update:

1) A couple of my open items have shipped - that is good news.
2) My issue with the American Idol coupon/voucher promotion has been resolved to my general satisfaction - again good news.

It was a relief to see some positive indicators, and I hope the above are accurate reflections that CD-WOW will, given time, remedy the issues I've had with them recently. I wish them good fortune.

PS: Wanted to post the above ASAP, because if the Red Sox lose - again - tonight, my mood tomorrow will definitely sour.
Old 06-05-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I totally forgot about the American Idol voucher deal, but you reminded me about it flixtime. I just logged into my account, and I have a $2.00 voucher sitting right there waiting for me to use.

The funny thing is that I don't even watch American Idol, but my guess for the winner ended up being right. Yes, it was a 50/50 shot, but still.
Old 06-05-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a "shipping notice" yesterday + a "delay notice" as well. No need to worry any more.
Old 06-08-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

More positive indicators from CD-WOW:

1) all my open items have now shipped
2) the "My Orders" (aka order tracking) function is back up and running
3) as with Brent L's post in the other CD-WOW thread, I also received the $3 bonus coupon in regard to the American Idol promotion....a very gracious gesture on their part

I've seen enough of an upturn (and hope it continues) that I consider them back in good standing with me. CD-WOW will get my business for the upcoming R2 release of "Hot Fuzz".
Old 06-08-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If by any chance CD-WOW Rep. koloughlin reads this, I'd appreciate any assistance he might provide in regard to the following:

Further details on what version (R2, but from where..Denmark, Norway, etc.) of "Prag" is listed on CD-WOW's site, specifically, even though CD-WOW does not list English subtitles, does the version of "Prag" on their site have English subtitles? The Danish release is confirmed as having English subtitles. At the time of the "Prag" listing on CD-WOW, the Danish release seemingly was the only one available (though I could be wrong about that).
Old 06-10-07, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by flixtime
If by any chance CD-WOW Rep. koloughlin reads this, I'd appreciate any assistance he might provide in regard to the following:

Further details on what version (R2, but from where..Denmark, Norway, etc.) of "Prag" is listed on CD-WOW's site, specifically, even though CD-WOW does not list English subtitles, does the version of "Prag" on their site have English subtitles? The Danish release is confirmed as having English subtitles. At the time of the "Prag" listing on CD-WOW, the Danish release seemingly was the only one available (though I could be wrong about that).
if it's the prag dvd i've seen talked about at the site i write for (twitch) then it has subs. go to the forum and search the titles... you'll soon find the discussion. the extra documentary thing on the disc also seems to be subbed.
Old 06-10-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a shipping confirmation on Prag from cdwow on Thursday - I will post if it has subs when I receive.
Old 06-19-07, 02:55 PM

To Kevin (from CD-Wow!), if you're still posting:

I've been having more and more difficulty tracking down R2 titles on your site. In particular, it seems like CD-Wow isn't carrying any BFI DVDs anymore. (It's also getting rather difficult to find the R2 version of titles when an R1 is available; I can't find Masters of Cinema's Kwaidan, either.) I hope this is just a temporary glitch of some sort. Or is this a new development that regular customers should become more aware of? (I.e., should we begin seeking BFI titles elsewhere?)
Old 06-25-07, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ambassador
To Kevin (from CD-Wow!), if you're still posting:

I've been having more and more difficulty tracking down R2 titles on your site. In particular, it seems like CD-Wow isn't carrying any BFI DVDs anymore. (It's also getting rather difficult to find the R2 version of titles when an R1 is available; I can't find Masters of Cinema's Kwaidan, either.) I hope this is just a temporary glitch of some sort. Or is this a new development that regular customers should become more aware of? (I.e., should we begin seeking BFI titles elsewhere?)
* I spoke to my colleagues about this and apparently it was relating to a supplier problem which they expected to be sorted out this week. I'll check back again after the weekend to see if the problem is fixed and update you with any news on these BFI titles.
Thanks!
Kevin

Hi Ambassador,
Sorry for the delay in replying. I took a few days vacation last week and as usual the week before and after the trip were hectic!

I'll investigate the BFI titles for you and let you know if I find out anything.

I just did a search for Kwaidan and there are 2 results but both are Region 1 - http://www.cd-wow.us/searchresults_d...hfield=Kwaidan.

It's also missing from our Masters of Cinema section; http://www10.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=550, so I'll email my contact with them now and ask if it's available.

Cheers,
Kevin

Last edited by koloughlin; 06-29-07 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-25-07, 12:50 PM
Banned

Hi Flixtime,
Sorry for the slow reply. From the site it looks like this version doesn't have English subtitles;
http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results_...subcat=region2, but I'll have to ask our DVD experts about this one. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you in the next day or two.

Sorry again about the foul up with the American Idol promotion, but glad we were able to sort it out to your satisfaction. Hopefully you made some good use out of that coupon!

Cheers,
Kevin
p.s. I was also a bit cranky the morning after that Yankees defeat. It isn't too often I treat myself to a night out on a work night so it was soul destroying to lose at the end like that. Can't complain though... things are still going pretty well!
Old 06-26-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by koloughlin
Hi Flixtime,
Sorry for the slow reply. From the site it looks like this version doesn't have English subtitles;
http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results_...subcat=region2, but I'll have to ask our DVD experts about this one. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you in the next day or two.
Hello Kevin, your participation in this discussion is appreciated.

Actually, thanks to DVDTalker pjflyer, we here at the forum have received clarification in regard to the subtitle question for the DVD of "Prag". Long story short...it does have English subtitles. Further details can be read here:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=500752
Old 06-26-07, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by koloughlin
I just did a search for Kwaidan and there are 2 results but both are Region 1 - http://www.cd-wow.us/searchresults_d...hfield=Kwaidan.

It's also missing from our Masters of Cinema section; http://www10.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=550, so I'll email my contact with them now and ask if it's available.

Cheers,
Kevin
Can you also check to see if CDWow will carry the title: "Le Silence de la Mer (Jean-Pierre Melville)"?

TIA.
Old 06-29-07, 11:12 AM
Banned

Hello Kevin, your participation in this discussion is appreciated.

Actually, thanks to DVDTalker pjflyer, we here at the forum have received clarification in regard to the subtitle question for the DVD of "Prag". Long story short...it does have English subtitles. Further details can be read here:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=500752
Just came back to give you my answer on this... but glad you managed to sort it out quickly. My thanks to pjflyer! And apologies for the incomplete information listed on the site.
Old 06-29-07, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cine
Can you also check to see if CDWow will carry the title: "Le Silence de la Mer (Jean-Pierre Melville)"?

TIA.
Hi cine,
Have checked this out and we don't seem to carry this title at the moment. I'll pass your request to my colleagues and see if we have plans to stock it. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Have a great weekend!
Kevin
Old 06-29-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any chance of new cheap DVDs being added to the Bargain Basement anytime soon? I haven't seen that updated in a while now.
Old 07-03-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so how does a person know if their order is not in stock? I have had my order showing "Pending Despatch" since June 15th.
Old 07-03-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

that's funny cause i have an order of 3 dvds from June 15 and one for 1 dvd from the 14th that I have heard nothing about. at least you can view your status I can't even do that. btw, I've given up on cd-wow until they get their act together or until they don't charge until shipping.
Old 07-03-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered from the German site, and it took a month for my order status to change from "pending dispatch" to "shipped".
Old 07-03-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
that's funny cause i have an order of 3 dvds from June 15 and one for 1 dvd from the 14th that I have heard nothing about. at least you can view your status I can't even do that. btw, I've given up on cd-wow until they get their act together or until they don't charge until shipping.
if you can try checking their different sites. I placed my order on the US site but it doesn't show there. it shows up on their UK site.
Old 07-03-07, 11:49 AM

so that explains why the Hot Fuzz dvd i ordered June 24th still hasn't shipped...well crap.
i'd inquire about cancelling my order but it'd probably take twice as long to try and get my money back
Old 07-03-07, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
so how does a person know if their order is not in stock? I have had my order showing "Pending Despatch" since June 15th.
CDWow's practice appears to be that they will continue to list an out-of-stock title in anticipation they will be able to get it resupplied. So there is no way to know that one is placing an order for a title that is out-of-stock. If they cannot fill an order they will cancel it and issue a refund. This happened to me once out of over two dozens orders I had with them. But I too currently have an order ("Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back" - R0 Deluxe Edition) that has been in "Pending Dispatch" status since the beginning of June.
Old 07-03-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Chris, I tried doing that and some of my older orders show but not the one i'm interested in which was the last one. i shot them an email with a copy of my receipt so hopefully I'll get something.
Old 07-04-07, 02:05 AM

don't know how the discussions leaning right now in this thread, but i'm having issues with how long after a release date things are actually shipping out. notification emails often arrive days after an items plopped on my doormat too... dddhouse for me, in future.
Old 07-04-07, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
Chris, I tried doing that and some of my older orders show but not the one i'm interested in which was the last one. i shot them an email with a copy of my receipt so hopefully I'll get something.
In my experience missing orders often are caused by CDWow not getting notification of payment transaction completion from WorldPay. As such I always keep an eye out for the order confirmation email after placing an order, and let CDWow know immediately I don't receive one and do not see it show up on my "Your Orders" page at the CDWow UK site.
Old 07-04-07, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by cine
In my experience missing orders often are caused by CDWow not getting notification of payment transaction completion from WorldPay. As such I always keep an eye out for the order confirmation email after placing an order, and let CDWow know immediately I don't receive one and do not see it show up on my "Your Orders" page at the CDWow UK site.
my orders show up on the site, they just say 'preorder' when the dates past.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.