International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Want to rent My Sassy Girl

Old 04-16-07, 12:41 PM

Want to rent My Sassy Girl

Are there any places with the theatrical and director's cut?
Old 04-21-07, 09:00 AM

You can try HanaDVD, as they rent Korean DVDs. The monthly membership fee is $24.95, or $4.00 for 8 days.
Old 04-22-07, 12:53 AM

Is there Korean town or China town near by?
They usually have video rental place.
Since it was such a hit movie, it is almost for sure any store will carry it.
Old 04-22-07, 10:05 PM

No Korean town, but there is a China town. It's unconvenient to rent there though. Hana DVD would've been perfect but they charge $5 shipping for the $4/8 day rental
Old 05-13-07, 04:41 PM

www.cinflix.com rents both the director's cut and theatrical cut of this movie. Monthly sign-up is cheaper than quoted above (the standard "4-out" is $19.99 and a 2-out membership is $16.99).
Old 05-15-07, 08:04 PM

Thanks a lot Only $9.99 for the first month
Old 05-15-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by divemaster
I realize this is the wrong thread to address this, but what's the general experience with cinflix??

Sadly, this is the first time that I've heard of them. .. but with about 2000 Korean and Japanese films listed as available for rental, my interest is piqued!!!

Thanks in advance ...
Old 05-16-07, 04:18 PM

Not looking good so far. Signed up yesterday, discs shipped today but estimated arrival is 5/30 I hope that's wrong.
Old 05-22-07, 11:19 AM

Well I got them in 3 days. The bad thing is you have to return 2 discs at once.
Old 05-25-07, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by visitor Q
I realize this is the wrong thread to address this, but what's the general experience with cinflix??

Sadly, this is the first time that I've heard of them. .. but with about 2000 Korean and Japanese films listed as available for rental, my interest is piqued!!!

Thanks in advance ...
Here's the blurb from the site

"Your rental site for Asian and Foreign DVDs. We carry the Hottest titles from Korea, Hong Kong, India and Japan! We also carry European titles and hard to find cinema! Cinflix, Inc is the largest Asian online DVD movie rental service offering thousands of titles for rent that can not been found anywhere else!"
And now for my personal experience and opinions, quoted from a previous thread:

----------
I was a member of Cinflix for over 2 years but recently cancelled. It is not perfect, but it serves a need. I was mostly looking for Korean films and they sure do have a lot. Plus I was able to rent through all 9 discs of the TV melodrama "All In".

Drawbacks for me were long turnround times (I'm on the East Coast and they are based in Denver) and lots of wait times. Maybe I did not add enough titles to my queue because I often found myself with a lot of dead time. They used to have a deal where you could indicate that you had put your returns in the mail and they would immediately ship your next DVDs (a great feature for those who have to wait 5 days for returns to make it to Denver), but they cancelled this about a year or so ago. I thought they were considering bringing this back but I guess not. (Edited to add that I think they did bring this feature back. If so, it is very helpful in reducing the dead time.)

The ship 2 at a time is cumbersome. That means you have to return 2 at a time also. They do this for postage reasons and because they say their 2-pack bubble mailers are less susceptable to disc breakage in the mail.

I do expect to join again in about a year. Hopefully by then there will be a lot of new Korean films for me to put in the queue and maybe the shipping issues will have improved. It really is a good resource, especially to supplement a Netflix account (which of course does not carry R3 DVDs).

tbwmp88, I hope you find the service useful. If not, it's real easy to cancel.