Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

BSG R4 Season 2.0 6 disc odd packaging???

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-27-07, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the BSG Complete Season 2.0 from cdwow recently (as it was dirt cheap at $29) and received my order. The 6 disc set was housed in a standard DVD case with 2 discs per plastic flip page and one disc in each side of the amray case. What was a little odd was that there was no retail-like packaging similar to what we see here in R1, i.e., no UPC code, no info regarding region code, format, etc. It had some info on the artwork, but it seems like maybe there was an outer slipcover to the set that I did not receive. Not a big deal . . . It was also not shrinkwrapped, which I know is common to discs outside of R1.

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is a legit version of this set? After several years of purchasing from cdwow, I have no reason to suspect they are selling anything other than legit product, but this one is a little weird.

Also, I haven't played any discs yet, but does BSG suffer from PAL speed up? IIRC, that issue is limited to movies/shows shot on film, correct?

Thanks...
Old 02-27-07, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alot of the R4 sets come like this now, so nothing to worry about I think. I ordered mine about 6 months ago and it came in Digipack type packaging, but I think it got reissued
Old 02-27-07, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by hobbes4444
Also, I haven't played any discs yet, but does BSG suffer from PAL speed up? IIRC, that issue is limited to movies/shows shot on film, correct?
Even though BSG is shot on HD video, it's shot at a 24p frame rate similar to 35mm film. This frame rate is one of the factors that helps the show to look more like traditional film than too much like "video".

The show will suffer from PAL speedup when converted to 25p.