DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Black Rain HD/BD 2 disc?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/490608-black-rain-hd-bd-2-disc.html)

digitalfreaknyc 01-25-07 10:55 AM

Black Rain HD/BD 2 disc??

Anyone know what's on the 2nd disc of the HD DVD/Blu-Ray versions that are coming out next month?

We're just getting a 1 disc version.

dkny75 01-25-07 11:10 AM

I thought the 2nd HD DVD disc contained some interviews with the Japanese cast and a few other featurettes but that none of them would contain English subtitles which is why I ended up getting the 1 disc U.S. version. Obviously I don't have the Japanese discs in front of me so please take this with a grain of salt.

digitalfreaknyc 01-25-07 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by dkny75
I thought the 2nd HD DVD disc contained some interviews with the Japanese cast and a few other featurettes but that none of them would contain English subtitles which is why I ended up getting the 1 disc U.S. version. Obviously I don't have the Japanese discs in front of me so please take this with a grain of salt.

They're not out yet.

HockeyMan2000 01-25-07 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
They're not out yet.

He's probably talking about the 2-disc regular Japanese Special Edition which came out in November. If it's on the same label, etc. chances are that it's a similar package and those Japanese-centric supplements are the reason for the 2nd HD disc.

digitalfreaknyc 01-25-07 11:53 AM

I'd heard that rumor as well.

I'd just like to know for sure. Even if there is some b-roll footage or something on that 2nd disc, I'd like to see it.

Josh Z 01-25-07 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by dkny75
I thought the 2nd HD DVD disc contained some interviews with the Japanese cast and a few other featurettes but that none of them would contain English subtitles which is why I ended up getting the 1 disc U.S. version.

On many Japanese DVDs, typically if the interview is with an American star the featurette will show the question being asked by the reporter, re-asked in English by a translator, and then answered by the star. Of course, if they're interviewing the Japanese cast of the film, likely there will be no English.

digitalfreaknyc 01-31-07 11:16 AM

Apparently the BD version will not be 2 discs any more. The HD DVD will still be.

There are 45 minutes of extras on this 2nd disc.

I'm very curious.

Josh Z 01-31-07 09:54 PM

I presume you're only interested in this disc for the extras alone? Remember, since this is a Japanese release, the movie itself may offer the ability to turn on or off English subtitles for the entire running time, but it won't have the option of English subtitles appearing only during Japanese dialogue.