Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Quantum Leap R2 - Season 3/4 Delays? cd-wow

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been receiving e-mails showing that my Quantum Leap R2 Season 3 and 4 orders are being delayed until December. Anyone else see this at cd-wow or anywhere else?

I believe season 3 is already out, anyone know why it would be delayed?
Old 07-11-06, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave up on cd-wow on these. I canceled my orders.
Old 07-11-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by theflyingdutch
I gave up on cd-wow on these. I canceled my orders.
When did you order?
Old 07-11-06, 10:46 AM

Back on June 25. They kept telling me that it would be delayed one week. I waited and asked them, they told me it would be delayed until after July 10. That is when I canceled. This, combined with the Moody Blues late sending out, makes me think again about new release stuff from cd-wow.
Old 07-11-06, 12:48 PM

It must be a problem cd-wow is having. I ordered the 3rd Season from hmv.co.uk and pre-ordered the 4th, before it was released, from play.com a few weeks back and they both arrived without any trouble or delays.

Try ordering from hmv.co.uk or amazon.co.uk instead. I think they both do international deliveries.
Old 07-11-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I may have to go that way. I usually like to go with cd-wow because of the $2US off coupon and especially the free shipping.

Regardless, it will be worth the extra money to have all of the music intact.
Old 07-11-06, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Numes
I have been receiving e-mails showing that my Quantum Leap R2 Season 3 and 4 orders are being delayed until December. Anyone else see this at cd-wow or anywhere else?

I believe season 3 is already out, anyone know why it would be delayed?
I keep getting the emails too. But in Eurospeak 12/07/06 is July 12, not December 7. I'll hang on a bit longer. I already have S2 and S3 which I got from CD Wow awhile ago. Just waiting for S4.
Old 07-11-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by movielib
I keep getting the emails too. But in Eurospeak 12/07/06 is July 12, not December 7. I'll hang on a bit longer. I already have S2 and S3 which I got from CD Wow awhile ago. Just waiting for S4.
(light bulb going off) of course! Silly me. I can wait a few more days (I can even wait a few months, FWIW).

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 07-12-06, 12:54 AM

The problem with CD-Wow, though is they put off the release twice. I finally got fed up and bought it through amazon.uk because it was just a couple dollars extra and I know they have it.
Old 07-12-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another delay until July 14.
Old 07-12-06, 10:23 PM

This could go on for weeks. CD-Wow has lost a lot of credibility with me, at least with new releases.
Old 07-15-06, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quantum Leap Season 3 Shipped:

|| DISPATCH NOTIFICATION ||

Just to let you know that:
Quantum Leap: Season 3 - DVD Video has been dispatched.

I'm at the point in my DVD buying experience that I do not care one iota when something I ordered arrives. I have a huge backlog of titles to watch, so if something is delayed a week or two, it's no skin off my back. I do get concerned, however, that when things like this happen that they are just going to cancel the order. That seems not to be the case, however, for QL: Season 3.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, though, and can understand why people may have just cancelled their order. I wouldn't go as far to say that someone could lose credibility with cd-wow, though. I would reserve that for companies like DVDSoon.
Old 07-15-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just checked my account on CD Wow and it says "sent" for my QL S4 but not advised. I assume I'll get an email about that soon. Anyway, it appears it's on its way.
Old 07-15-06, 07:57 PM

They lose credibility because they charge your credit card the moment you order and then delayed at least 3 times for this and other titles. Let's just say I won't be ordering any new titles from them again.
Old 07-15-06, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by theflyingdutch
They lose credibility because they charge your credit card the moment you order and then delayed at least 3 times for this and other titles. Let's just say I won't be ordering any new titles from them again.
Whatever. Everyone has a right to accept or reject the terms of a company.

In the case of CD Wow, many of us think it's just about the best DVD internet company we've ever done business with. I've never seen better customer sevice when you have a question or problem. What other company will send you three emails keeping you apprised of such delays (other companies have them too)?

Their prices are great on some items, not so great on others. I saved money (at least 10%) getting the 2-disc The Last Seduction and Quantum Leap S4 from them rather than from Amazon.uk. It's taken a little longer but to me it's worth it.
Old 07-16-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad news on R2 season 4- the music is not intact:

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...ead.php?t=2669
Old 07-17-06, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Bad news on R2 season 4- the music is not intact:

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...ead.php?t=2669
Crap, it says it here too:

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=9484

OVERALL: Draw

Both releases feature altered music, so it's down to whether you prefer 3 double-sided discs (R1) or 6 single-sided discs (R2).
This comparison was added to the Rewind site just today (July 16).

At least R2 has 6 one-sided discs, not much but a little consolation. But then there's PAL speedup. It was worth the speedup to get the original music, not so sure about it now.

Why don't they come right out and say it from the start rather than sucker us all in after the S2 and S3 discs in R2 had the original music?
Old 07-17-06, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow. For S2 and S3 I waited until after it was released to confirm that the music was there. Dammit.

Universal. One of my top 5 shows of all time. I put up with no extras (the first season had SOME extras, very weak, though), and now I can't even get the shows as I watched them when they were first on. Grrr...

Edit: HAHAHAHA!!! These are listed as "special features" from Amazon for the R1 release:

"The Great 80's TV Flashback" featurette
Bonus Episode from the fifth season of Quantum Leap: "Liberation"

Worst....Special Features.....Ever.

Last edited by Numes; 07-17-06 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-17-06, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's really a shame. I plan on buying R2 seasons 2 and 3 soon, but I will not be buying either version of season 4. I hope the sales are significantly lower for R2 season 4.

Of course, they probably didn't go through the trouble of securing all the music rights for season 4 because the previous seasons didn't sell well enough to justify it. Who can say? I'm just glad QL is the only Universal title I want to own.