Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hyperdrive with Nick Frost

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 07-05-06, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have any info about when this will be on released on DVD? The first series is over so hopefully fairly soon. I can't seem to find any info on the release. And I know some of the reviews of this have been quite tepid but I think it should be pretty funny. Anyone that's already seen it have an opinion on it?
Old 07-06-06, 06:28 AM

theres no sign of a DVD yet - theres never a guarantee of one either, nor a quick release over a late one : thats how the BBC sometimes do things, in a way thats generally unpredictable.

as for the show... well, at first it didn't do anything for me. it has its own approach and needs time to grow on you, so after a few episodes i was into it and enjoying as much as anything else. completely off the mark to even mention a brief comparison to 'red dwarf'... so its set in space, so what? its a sci-fi comedy in its own right, and more about the characters and events which are give new ground for more reasons than it features alien creatures and odd planets. good show, is getting a second series so i hear.
Old 07-06-06, 08:48 PM

Yeah, I totally agree that it takes a bit of time to grow on you, mostly because Frost plays his role largely as a blandly pleasant straight man. Kevin Eldon gets all the fun bits ...
Old 07-07-06, 04:21 AM

eldons the most obviously comical character in it - though i like nick frosts "sex room" sequence with all the words floating around in the sky which are meant to be erotic... including the one "bum hole".
Old 07-07-06, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by logboy
theres no sign of a DVD yet - theres never a guarantee of one either, nor a quick release over a late one : thats how the BBC sometimes do things, in a way thats generally unpredictable.
Hmm. Well I eagerly anticipate one nonetheless. I guess I may just be anticipating it for awhile.

How is Patterson "The Johnson" Joseph in this? As funny as he is in Green Wing and Peep Show?

Last edited by Worm810; 07-07-06 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-07-06, 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=Worm810]
Originally Posted by logboy
theres no sign of a DVD yet - theres never a guarantee of one either, nor a quick release over a late one : thats how the BBC sometimes do things, in a way thats generally unpredictable. QUOTE]

Hmm. Well I eagerly anticipate one nonetheless. I guess I may just be anticipating it for awhile.

How is Patterson "The Johnson" Joseph in this? As funny as he is in Green Wing and Peep Show?
nothing about his performance springs to mind...
Old 07-07-06, 04:04 PM

Alright. Heh. Fair Enough.