Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill Bill Japan Boxes

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Kill Bill Japan Boxes

Old 04-18-06, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kill Bill Japan Boxes

I am tempted to buy Vol.2 Box from yes asia for $54, is the film in english, and how is the service from yes asia since i never before ordered from them, and does anyone know where i can find Vol. 1 other than ebay
Old 04-18-06, 10:46 PM

anyone?
Old 04-18-06, 11:07 PM

I don't have the Kill Bill pt.2 Japanese DVD (because it is the same movie that was release here, but I bought the Kill Bill pt.1 Japanese DVD (because it is completely uncut and has many altered scenes). It has English audio of course but when people speak Japanese the subs don't come on automatically, you have to turn them on. But I can't remember any Japanese language in part 2 so you shouldn't have that issue.

As for Yesasia, they are great. I have probably made over 20 transactions with them and have had no problem. It does sometimes take a while in shipping because all their shipments now come from overseas (they used to have a warehouse in CA but no more) but you are going to have that with any international shipping. So there you go, hope that was somewhat helpful.
Old 04-18-06, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
"As for Yesasia, they are great. I have probably made over 20 transactions with them and have had no problem. It does sometimes take a while in shipping because all their shipments now come from overseas (they used to have a warehouse in CA but no more) but you are going to have that with any international shipping. So there you go, hope that was somewhat helpful."

What I find odd is that the return address on the package was still in California.

OP,

You can still get the Vol. 1 boxset here:

http://aznfilms.com/product_info.php...8e7242015ab1e4

It's really expensive now; I remember getting it for around $60 shipped from Amazon.jp when it was first released.

Last edited by mrhan; 04-18-06 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-19-06, 12:26 AM

I have that set, but like has been said, theres no difference between it and the R1 release. I got it because I had the first one, and it looks great as a set next to that one. And YesAsia is a great e-tailer. I have ordered many times without a problem.
Old 04-19-06, 01:09 AM

Actually the Japanese version of Vol 2 has one extended scene in which is not in other releases

This is an extra scene 45 sec at the Mexican brothel, which begins at 81:43 min

No other region/version has this

As for YesAsia, they are great! But I would advise when you go through checkout, in the comments box request that they pack your items in a secure box

Hope this helps buddy
Old 04-19-06, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
have the prices for the single disc Japanese version of Vol. 1 gone down yet? I've waited a while to pick it up simply because I thought we would get SE's by now.
Old 04-19-06, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just another for Yesasia...IMO, the best place for asian region movies anywhere.
Old 04-19-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 256 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Vendetta-AKK
It has English audio of course but when people speak Japanese the subs don't come on automatically, you have to turn them on. But I can't remember any Japanese language in part 2 so you shouldn't have that issue.
Vol. 2 has a lengthy section of Cantonese dialogue (the Pei Mei sequence) where you will have to manually turn on the English subtitles.
Old 04-19-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cooey
But I would advise when you go through checkout, in the comments box request that they pack your items in a secure box
Excellent advice. I've had a couple of packages arrive with the contents loosely packed - generally thrown into an oversized bubble mailer. Out of my entire history with them, I've had one banged up tin and two floaters. Once I caught onto the fact that they will listen when you request sturdier packaging, I haven't had a problem since.

It's a very good site and I've purchased quite a bit from them. You may not always get the best price however and may want to check around. Here's a good Asian (and otherwise) vendor listing: http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4580
Old 04-20-06, 01:26 AM

I guess it depends on what type of DVD you want, the best thing about YesAsia are that they are 100% customs free (well, for us in the UK they are)

Most of their prices are very high when compared to other places, but they do have some good deals (i.e. Kill Bill Vol 2)