Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

How to get Kontroll 2-dvd version in North America??

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

How to get Kontroll 2-dvd version in North America??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-07, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDoug
Here's the exact link Taking Chase: http://www.numero7.com/store/commerc...fer_id=numero7

You'll see the 2-Disc Edition at the top of the page. It looks just like the one I posted an image of, it's black with the subway symbol on it. Item ID: BPFILM52 Price: 2812.00 HUF. When you click the yellow "add to cart" button it'll convert it to US dollars. Use Paypal to pay. Hope this helps you!
You may want to confirm that item BPFILM52 is in fact a 2 disc version. The 2 disc version I believe is actually 5950.00 HUF (see the bottom of the page of the link you provided) and item # DV-KONT2. I recall there being a 1 disc that used the same outer artwork, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I looked for this one.
Old 05-21-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also replying to TheDoug's post with link...

The one I purchased was not the BPFILM52 at the top of the page, but rather the DV-KONT2 at the bottom. Given that they both appeared to have the same cover, I ordered the more expensive one (the DV-KONT2) in hopes that it was the correct 2-disc set with all the frills and extras.

I'll certainly update as soon as I receive it, hopefully confirming that I received the correct set!
Old 05-21-07, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
Also replying to TheDoug's post with link...

The one I purchased was not the BPFILM52 at the top of the page, but rather the DV-KONT2 at the bottom. Given that they both appeared to have the same cover, I ordered the more expensive one (the DV-KONT2) in hopes that it was the correct 2-disc set with all the frills and extras.

I'll certainly update as soon as I receive it, hopefully confirming that I received the correct set!
You know what...I think you and Splatti2 are correct on this one! I didn't think of scrolling down that page and seeing the notes on the more expensive one. Why Numero7 would show the same artwork for the single-disk one is perplexing. When I ordered it a year or so ago they only showed the one image so it wasn't as confusing. The more expensive one would make sense. There is no single disk version with the same artwork. The one with the photograph and red case are usually the barebones. Thanks for the updates!
Old 05-21-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Of course, if the less expense one is exactly the same, I'll feel sorta foolish for voluntarily ordering the more expensive one!

But it is confusing, and I probably should've emailed the site first to confirm the correct dvd set.
Old 06-04-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
Ok, I placed the order using PayPal. I will certainly update this, hopefully with news of a successful delivery in however long that may take....
I received the correct "KONTROLL" 2-disc SE (as reviewed on this site) last Thursday, May 31st, exactly two weeks after ordering from numero7.com. It was in perfect condition.

I was so impressed by the colorful and unusual Hungarian stamps on the package that I steamed them off and placed them on the plastic part of the digipack. I've only done that once before (the Thai stamps that came with my order of "Tropical Malady).

So, in short, it would appear that all can order with confidence, and without the Western Union shuffle. Paypal, baby!
Old 06-04-07, 06:13 PM

i just e-mailed them about the difference between BPFILM52 and DV-KONT2. Here is the answer I received:

"there are only two versions,
1 disc and 2 discs version.
But there are more distributors...

You can find the two discs version here:

http://www.numero7.com/search.pl?ref...tring=BPFILM52

Best wishes,
Maria Letenai"
Old 06-05-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, that does appear to be the same one I got... but I paid twice as much for the DV-KONT2 "version"!
Old 07-06-07, 05:20 AM

I love that Numero7 now accepts Paypal. I was waiting until I had just a little more cash before I made a substantial purchase with them. First, they take Dead Fish (starring Gary Oldman) off the site. That sucks. Oh well I guess. Now I went to buy Kontroll and they only have the single disc version available. I guess I'm screwed because there is nowhere else I can pick that up. Filmsarok never set up the English site or the credit card payments. That is no bueno. Imre at Hungarystore.com was just telling me that the 2 disc wasn't available anymore but I thought that I could get it at Numero7. Boy was I wrong.
Old 07-06-07, 06:47 AM

Worm, if that makes You feel better, I can't find the two-discer and I'm in Budapest! It looks like the distrib put their entire stock into a couple of big electronic stores last year (at a price I won't dare to disclose) and it sold out within a couple of weeks. They do that with (I think) "Üvegtigris" now.
The prices on Numero 7 are ridiculous.
If You wanna get the one disc version,better contact me (I sent the two-discer to a couple of people here).

Last edited by andrash; 07-06-07 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-06-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got the 2-disker from Andras...and if it makes anyone feel even more better, the movie sucks, and even if you like the film, you aren't going to miss much if you don't get the extras. Just get the one-disker...
Old 07-06-07, 11:16 AM

I wouldnt say Kontroll sucks, its just a average forgeign film, overhyped because its from Hungry and the set is obviously some kind of holy grail for foreign dvd fans. Its ok for a rental thats all.
Old 07-06-07, 11:20 PM

Well, that's pretty bad then Andrash. How about Dead Fish? Is there any way you can get that? Or Moszkva ter (2 disc Edition)? Just so I know, how do you accept payment?

I dig the film and wanted the 2 disc edition so I could have Antal's short films. Plus I'm a special features kind of guy.
Old 07-07-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's one on eBay right now.
Old 07-07-07, 04:23 AM

You can reach me here: designhernadi(X)gmail.com
I'm not selling Hungarian releases,but I'm up for trading (I'm always looking for R1 dvds). Dead Fish is the Gary Oldman movie? I don't think that would be a problem to get.
Old 07-09-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Worm810
I dig the film and wanted the 2 disc edition so I could have Antal's short films. Plus I'm a special features kind of guy.
I really enjoyed both of Antal's short films - good transfers, too, but I do wish "Insurance" had been anamorphically-enhanced.