Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

How is the shipping from Amazon.de?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-06, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered something from there. And was curious for those who have ordered there before. How long does it usually take the package to get here to the states via the cheapest shipping (which wasn't cheap by the way) from Amazon.de. Usually my packages from Amazon japan get here within a week with their standard shipping. Almost always the packages from there are top notch. Can I expect the same from Germany? Thanks
Old 01-07-06, 05:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
i've gotten most of my packages pretty quickly by international standards and my standards. usually within 7 days.
Old 01-08-06, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Out of all the International branches that Amazon has the German offshoot is probably the worst. The best timing I have gotten to Chicago is about 17 days (the worst was about 40 days). For German/Swiss orders I would usually look elsewhere. With this said service is always different for different parts of the country.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 01-08-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I used them for simplicity (all the amazon accounts are now linked -- although I originally had one for US and a separate UK one with the same email) to order the Fistful of Dollars/Few Dollars More collectors box. It took a couple of weeks total -- think it shipped it shipped on 12/26 and arrived yesterday.

I'm just curious why overall -- shipping costs from Japan or Korea or HK or the UK is acceptable -- perhaps a little on the high side for Japan comparatively speaking (UK is the lowest outside the US that I've found) -- but shipping from ANYWHERE on the continent -- France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, etc. are abysmal -- I mean in general it seems to approach at least half the cost of the actual dvd. What is the justification for this -- how can it seriously cost that much to send something from France vs the UK.

Any info is appreciated. -- sorry to rant in your thread.
Old 01-08-06, 03:06 PM

I recently did an order with them, I received my dvds in a week. And it shipped a few days before Christmas
Old 01-08-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
Any info is appreciated. -- sorry to rant in your thread.
For the German shops speaking: The Deutsche Post is teh evil!!!!!!!!1111

A simple DVD to the US costs 8.00 Euro (~ $9.70) via Air Mail. That doesn't mean the DVD will arrive fast - I sold a DVD on Ebay about 5-6 weeks ago and the buyer still didn't received it! The Deutsche Post has a monopol for small letters (until 2007?). Perhaps when it's gone the prices will become lower...

Last edited by Frenzy; 01-08-06 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-08-06, 04:29 PM
Suspended

For me it was fine. Took about a week. But I'm in the Netherlands. Got the Ice Age LE from them.
Old 01-09-06, 02:41 AM

Speaking of german e-tailers, I ordered Almodovar's HIGH HEELS off jpc.de and it only took me about 5 business days to receive it here in Canada. Shipping was a bit expensive (9.99 EUR) but was surprised I got it so fast.