Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Polish Film-Adaptations of Henryk Sienkiewicz's Novels on DVDs

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-05, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for comments on the R2 Poland and R3 Korea editions of Kawalerowicz's Quo Vadis.

Also, is any of the other film adaptations of Sienkiewicz's novels on DVDs -- With Fire and Sword, Teutonic Knights, and In Desert and Wilderness -- worth getting?
Old 01-01-06, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Cine:

I have seen the Polish NTSC version of Quo Vadis at quite a few rental shops around Belmont in Chicago. The DVD is not worthy of owning...yet it is very easy to get in the Chicago area (huge Polish community). With this said there is a whole line of Polish films that comes with that "English subtitles" marking on the top of the DVD linked above. I am not quite so sure how legit all of these are but there are tons of them around the Polish community centers in Chicago. Also, this is a different cover from the one I have seen though I am fairly certain it is the same company that does these. Either way I would not recommend this DVD version (at this point).

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 01-01-06, 08:58 AM

Thanks Pro-B.

I also found this TV Edition (270-minute!). Perhaps this is the version you've seen in the rental shops around Belmont?