Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-06, 11:15 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toddly6666

I think we are all well aware that is the case, perhaps I misread the Video Universe website, are the Hungarian DVD's only the Region 1 releases? - sorry if that is the case.

BuddahWake - I have written to the website you suggest asking what is the best price they can do for the "Sorstalanság" (2 DVD) - I pointed out that several Hungarian websites had now started to reduce the price, all prices they quote on the site do they include postage?
Old 10-13-06, 12:55 PM
Cool New Member

Received a reply from Video Universe USA, sadly not the answer I was hoping for, they say they do not take one off orders for product not stocked, but I tired to persuade them quite a few people would order it, alas another door closed!

"We unfortunately do not carry the DVD "Sorstalanság" on our site at this
time. We are only able to list items on our website that are currently
available through our suppliers, and since it is not currently available
from our suppliers then we would not be able to ship it for an order"
Old 10-13-06, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
aren't these region 1? Anyone tried contacting the guy from "hungary store .com" I know he sells on ebay. I'm getting the Argo 2 disc and szezon from him. He did mentioned that the 2 disc Kontroll is out of stock from all suppliers but he does have the 1 disc which is 20$ including shipping. I use to have this disc and is identical to the first disc of the 2 disc set. He's mentioned he could get the Sostalansag 2 disc but it runs for over $40 so more than likely I will get it with the others to offset the high price. He said he could find almost anything released in hungary but it would take time and prices could be a little high. Can anyone confirm that Moszkva ter doesn't have english subs? We've exchanged a couple of emails but I wanted to make sure everything was kosher before I mentioned anything. so good so far.
If your contact needs to find the Sostalansag 2 disc I can dig up one of the e-mails I sent to a store that had them discounted to around $16 for you. They didn't e-mail me back, but it seemed like a pretty decent sized business in Hungary. Anyhow, if it makes you feel any better Argo's a pretty good buy itself. I enjoyed that one.
Old 10-13-06, 03:22 PM

A friend was over at my house today and had a digital camera. I took a pic of both Kontroll and Sorstalanság. I'm not sure if anyone's even seen them before, so at least you'll know if you should keep trying or not. I'm not a photographer, so please don't mind the pics. Anyhow, the card on the Sorstalanság digipak is the frame of film included with each set. Argo isn't a digipak so I didn't take a pic of that one.

Old 10-14-06, 12:46 AM
Cool New Member

Splattii

The photo makes me even more determined to get hold of The Hungarian 2 DVD Special Edition of "Sorstalanság" - no replies overnight from the hungary.com website someone gave us - we must be able to get a copy of this DVD set somewhere!!! - Please !!!!!
Old 10-14-06, 01:13 AM
Cool New Member

Some Hungarian DVD and Video Store/Website could really clean up in this export market just by selling on Ebay as "buy it now" they could add a few titles to start and they don't even have to bother with credit cards instead use PayPal money straight to their bank account and not even an English website.

Come on someone in Hungary!
Old 10-14-06, 01:32 AM
Cool New Member

One Moment of excitement this morning before disappointment, I managed to open up a Western Union money order transfer account after many many unsuccessful attempts!

So then I went to Numbero7 and ordered my copy of "Sorstalanság" - a little bit dearer than other sites, only to get the reply

"Product ID:not found in database. Your order will NOT be processed without this validation!"
Old 10-14-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jaybs

BuddahWake - I have written to the website you suggest asking what is the best price they can do for the "Sorstalanság" (2 DVD) - I pointed out that several Hungarian websites had now started to reduce the price, all prices they quote on the site do they include postage?
Here is the thing, I'm going by the numbers he gave me through email, when I check the website out, it states that you pay for the shipping of the first and all the others are free. but what he quoted me it included shipping. My best suggestion is to email the guy amd see what he says. I mentioned this thread and he told me that it was fine to post.
Old 10-16-06, 04:55 AM
Cool New Member

BuddaWake

I ordered my copy of the two DVD Sorstalanság Special Edition from the website and contact you gave us - Thanks!

Okay quite a lot more expensive than the Hungarian Video/DVD sites, but I suppose it is supply and demand?

Numero7 never replied to me why my order did not go through?

The dealer hopes to have copies by Wednesday or Thursday this week and will mail to me the same day.
Old 10-17-06, 03:27 PM

Editor MOKÉP puts out some classics on DVD ,the remastered SZINBÁD is coming up and is English subbed according to specs
(consider this as one of the best Hungarian film ever made).

I'm going to hook Toddly up with a KONTROLL one-discer* (I happen to know this chap from another board),I'm only
trading not a seller,this is my first post here.
Some dvds can be found at a bargain price while others are expensive (then suddenly -50% off at bigger stores).
I'm still waiting for the stunning SZÜRKÜLET to hit DVD (it was never issued on home video but passed on tv a few times),
hopefully the recent Tarr Béla reissues will encourage a company to put this out. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100732/

Andras (Budapest/Hungary)
* I bought him the two-disc edit eventually, since that's the one that is available on the racks right now.Nice packaging.

Last edited by andrash; 10-18-06 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 10:23 PM

After following this long-term discussion on how and where to get either the Sorstalanság" (2 DVD) set or Kontroll SE (2 dvd) I thought I'd put in my belated 2 cents worth about Numero 7. Last April I ordered the Kontroll SE set from Numero 7 without much problems. As you mentioned doing the Western Union shuffle was the worst part of the process. Originally I used a WU money order which never arrived!!! I ended up paying the extra $10.00 for Western Union wiring the money to a bank near Budapest. By the way the woman in charge at Numero 7 Maria Letenai. I had great communication with her through-out the process. It took aproximately 5 weeks to get the Kontroll dvd's in the mail. (Which is a great set with alot of extras as you've seen in Splatti's pictures above. ) I used the English version of the site. As for the Sortstalansag dvd, I rented the ThinkFilm version months ago and considered owning it but at the time Numero 7 didn't offer it. Judging from Numero's listing, they seem to have only the one disc version. Hungary is one strange country for not attempting to be more user friendly. If you go to the Alexa.com search engine might pull up Maria Letenai's business number in Hungary: Type in Numero7.com in their search engine. Hope this helps Toddly666 and Jaybs.

Last edited by TheDoug; 10-17-06 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-21-06, 04:17 AM
Cool New Member

Received this morning my 2 DVD set of Sorstalanság, from the seller in Hungary, it was even posted special delivery!

Going to watch it now, after such a long search and wait.

John
Old 10-21-06, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Hong Kong DVD of FATELESS has excellent video and audio quality:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/ImageGaller...929/#selection

It's just that there are not extras, just the trailer and that's it....but the anamorphic video and DTS-ES is awesome on this dvd
Old 10-21-06, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received this morning my 2 DVD set of Sorstalanság, from the seller in Hungary, it was even posted special delivery!

John
WOW. great. That was really quick. Was it even a week? I'm glad it worked out. I sent him my payment on thursday because I ordered some other ones to balance out the high price of Sorstalansag so hopefully they will get here next week.
Old 10-21-06, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
The Hong Kong DVD of FATELESS has excellent video and audio quality:
http://us.yesasia.com/assocred.asp?C...929/#selection

It's just that there are not extras, just the trailer and that's it....but the anamorphic video and DTS-ES is awesome on this dvd
Tod, I had asked about this one (a few pages back) when I almost gave up on my search but it was mentioned that it was possibly cut. Could you give the running time of it?
Old 10-21-06, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it's 140 minutes..is that the normal time?
Old 10-21-06, 11:33 AM
Cool New Member

BuddahWake

It was just four days! I am really impressed and pleased and will use him again!
Old 10-21-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is the website for the HK production company. You can select DVD at the top and it give details. It states there that the runtime is approx 140min. Glad to hear the quality is good. I just ordered from DDDhouse a few days ago. Could not find it on yesaia last week.
Old 10-21-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Viipillars is a great DVD distributor. They release a lot of foreign movies, which we´ll never see otherwise with english subtitles.
Old 10-22-06, 05:28 PM

John
So help refresh my memory, who did you finally order this from in Hungary? Is he/she willing to sell to other buyers? What form of payment did you finally use?

Thanks...glad this all worked out for you. (I know the feeling with regard to KONTROLL).
Old 10-23-06, 12:28 AM
Cool New Member

TheDoug

Imre is the guy's name, he has a website, but I have just got a new laptop and I have not been able to tranfer my favourties or email files.

BuddaWake gave it to me, I will keep looking.
Old 10-23-06, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doug, I posted the site back in post #124. the guys email is [email protected] I didn't post his email before because I wasn't sure if it was the same email he uses for the store but now he updated the site and he has it there so I fell a bit better about posting it. for some reason when I type up the site, it goes blank. the site is hungary store .com

I paid through paypal.
Old 10-25-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just to following up that I received my dvds today from Imre. Everything looks fantastic so I'll totally recommend him. Could we add the store to the international retailers list or at least have so that the address can be posted without disapearing?
Also, my set looks like the picture but no postcard with the film sell. Ohh well. Overall I'm finally happy that I finally got this set and especially that we found someone that is reliable to order from hungary.
Old 10-29-06, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just traded DVDs and received my 2-disk KONTROLL DVD from ANDRASH in Hungary. He's actually the best DVD trader i've dealt with, even better than the people I've traded with within my own country. The DVD was shipped quick and in very protective, nice packaging. I can finally now get DVDs from Hungary, yeah!!!
Old 11-02-06, 11:13 PM

hungary store . com

Whoa, finally a Hungarian store that takes simple credit card payments. I will definitely put an order in when they get Kontroll back in stock. Hopefully they're reliable and legit. (The disc is supposed to be R0 and not R2, right?)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.