Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very good point. I didn't think about it. thanks for the safe.
Old 09-08-06, 11:39 AM
Cool New Member

Nice reply today from one DVD Supplier? who sent an email confirmation!

"We are very sorry, but we distribute movies only in Hungary, so we can not help you. (My personal opinion is that the novel is much better, then the film, so if you have the book, read it, it will be a stronger experience, then the film!)"

H.E.L.P. someone must be able to help with a copy of Sorstalanság 2 Disc DVD set, no one from Hungary reading?? Please!
Old 10-03-06, 12:14 PM
Cool New Member

Still no success in getting the 2 DVD edition of Sorstalanság - two Hungarian people I just found on the net, said Yes! we can get it for you and one said send me the money by PayPal when I get it, and the other said Western Union which is not much good in the UK - anyway each week they both keep saying next week, is that how Hungarian people are?? just a slow pace?? like the two weeks for the English website - LOL
Old 10-03-06, 12:55 PM

I e-mailed Surok (Peter Kovac's company) because I can't wait to get my hands on Taxidermia after seeing it at the TIFF. If you still don't have Fateless it by the time I place the order for Taxidermia, I can throw it in with mine and ship it to you from Canada if you'd like. If you don't take it, I can always throw it on Ebay. It's a nice set, worth the effort you're going through.
Old 10-03-06, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if he don't take it I'll take it.
this thread needs to be archived just for the hillarity of it and to show what extent film lovers will go. maybe if some of us put in $5 we can send someone over to Hungary and get us what we want. but then again they might take "2 weeks" to come back.
Old 10-03-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

but he said "two weeks" one week ago. We still have another week til the English site is up. You gotta be patient, especially since he told us that it will take two weeks! You Americans are so impatient!
Old 10-04-06, 12:57 AM
Cool New Member

splattii2

That is a very kind offer from You! and most appreciated - I spent a few hours last night surfing Hungarian Video/DVD websites, I found one that takes Western Union payments, but that is not very easy from the UK

The two people I have approached where complete strangers!!! - I did contact more than two but the rest did not even reply - LOL - okay I have the American version of "Fateless" but it does not have the extras of the two set DVD Hungarian Sorstalanság and as you say the packaging is superb - I have been told this before how good it is.

I have so many duplicated DVD's - I bought the German film "Sophie Scholl" when it was released in the UK a few weeks ago, but I have just seen it is being released in the USA on November 14th with all the extras - here in the UK we got nothing? - so yes I have ordered it, no wonder my money goes so quick!!
Old 10-04-06, 08:14 AM

I'll let you know. I'm just waiting on the Taxidermia e-mail and I'll post what I'm going to do.

On a side note, anyone know why my handle changes from splattii to splattii2? lol The first time I log in I get splattii2, then if the cookies remain on my PC the next time I show up I post as splattii? Odd

Last edited by splattii; 10-04-06 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-06-06, 11:21 AM
Cool New Member

Splattii

I also wrote to Peter some six weeks ago! and he never replied, perhaps he has given up due to the non-appearance of the English version of the web page promised??
Old 10-06-06, 08:57 PM

jaybs,

He hasn't responded this time. It's a shame because I did good business with him. He actually said I could go by the warehouse when I ended up in Europe back in April, but I ended up missing Budapest. I'll try him again because he was the one Hungarian dealer I could count on. If not, I'll have to find another avenue I guess.
Old 10-07-06, 12:54 AM
Cool New Member

Splattii

Numero7 now have the Sorstalanság 2 DVD set in stock and their site is in English, they accept Western Union, but it is not easy to use WU here in the UK, unfortunately I can't see the DVD you are searching for?

http://www.numero7.com/store/commerce2.cgi

Thanks John
Old 10-07-06, 03:29 PM

John,

I'm actually finding it easier to navigate the non-english site sadly enough. I can't see to figure out how to narrow the field to "Film only" on the English, where I can on the Hungarian. The problem is once I get to Film/DVD only, I don't seem to have an option to browse by page or letter on the Hungarian? If I pick a letter at the very bottom, it brings back all CD's and DVD's, not just FILM. I don't usually have issues navigating non-english pages, maybe I'm just tired today. Anyhow, I asked them about a couple of Hungarian films I've been trying to locate. I'll let everyone know if I do anything.

Last edited by splattii; 10-07-06 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-08-06, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by jaybs
Splattii

Numero7 now have the Sorstalanság 2 DVD set in stock and their site is in English, they accept Western Union, but it is not easy to use WU here in the UK, unfortunately I can't see the DVD you are searching for?

Thanks John
jaybs,

Do you happen to have a link to the Sorstalanság 2DVD at Numero7? The one I find does not indicate that it is 2DVD. It does seem to be released by InterCom like all the other sites say (netpiac, filmsarok), but the picture shown looks like a single disc. I too have been waiting "two weeks" for this DVD.
Old 10-09-06, 12:26 AM
Cool New Member

I would have though at that price it is the 2 DVD set, in fact I don't think the picture I have seen on the site is of the Sorstalanság box, it looks just a general illustration.

Old 10-09-06, 07:41 AM

So,

I e-mailed numero7 two days ago and no response as of yet. Hell, I even sent the e-mail in Hungarian (thanks to the help of a friend)...BUT, I have managed to find a small stock of Sorstalanság 2 DVD at 3500 FT (marked down from 5000 ft), which is $16 US I think? The problem is they have yet to respond either lol. The only other option I'd have is I've traded records/lp's with a Budapest dealer in the past. I'd have to call him up and somehow convince him to go and buy these things for me, but I can't imagine that being a pleasant task It would be like asking Peter to go and find me a copy of a Hungarian 70's lp, which would probobly leave Peter scratching his head. lol
Old 10-09-06, 08:41 AM

Ok,

So I made a quick call to Budapest and managed to get an English speaking rep at the distribution company responsable for Sorstalanság 2 DVD. They were willing to sell wholesale to me via credit card, unfortunatly I needed to purchase 100 disks in order to meet their minimum requirements I offered to buy up to 20 copies (my friend has an import shop) and it was no deal! Anyhow, she then told me to buy it from XPRESS.HU, as they do international shipments often, and currently stock the Sorstalanság 2 DVD. I then went to XPRESS.HU today to try it out, and got an SQL Database error upon registering to use the website. Haha. I've now sent an e-mail to them in hopes of a response. It think Pro-B has dealt with Xpress.HU, I'm not sure. If anyone has before, or tries now and gets a response please let me know. If they don't respond, I'll call her back and I'll complain again. I'm not sure what else I can do now. I don't even need Sorstalanság 2 DVD but I need some of the other titles that seem to be for sale only in Hungary.
Old 10-09-06, 11:53 AM
Cool New Member

Splattii

All the work you are doing is much appreciated! - I have written like you to so many websites and only a few answer, I can't work out which was the one who took Western Union now?? but as I said it is so difficult to use it now in the UK?
- I only tried calling once to one Budapest shop and it was a disaster!

Who would think we would go to so much trouble to get DVD's from Hungary and have so many walls put up in front of us??
Old 10-09-06, 01:04 PM

It's turned into a challenge more then a want for me now. lol.
Old 10-10-06, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by splattii
Ok,

So I made a quick call to Budapest and managed to get an English speaking rep at the distribution company responsable for Sorstalanság 2 DVD. They were willing to sell wholesale to me via credit card, unfortunatly I needed to purchase 100 disks in order to meet their minimum requirements I offered to buy up to 20 copies (my friend has an import shop) and it was no deal!.
Perhaps you could relay your wholesaler information onto Tony at Xploited as he has mentioned in the past that he would possibly be interested in purchasing Kontroll and Sorstalansag wholesale since there is quite a bit of interest in those two titles. Who knows, maybe he would also be willing to get whatever other titles you may want if there is enough interest in them. Of course, he told me to try and get Peter at Filmsarok to correspond with him to arrange something between the two, but everybody at filmsarok seems to be much too busy trying to figure out how to implement an english language site since nobody replies anymore..
Old 10-11-06, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by AmonTwin
Perhaps you could relay your wholesaler information onto Tony at Xploited as he has mentioned in the past that he would possibly be interested in purchasing Kontroll and Sorstalansag wholesale since there is quite a bit of interest in those two titles. Who knows, maybe he would also be willing to get whatever other titles you may want if there is enough interest in them. Of course, he told me to try and get Peter at Filmsarok to correspond with him to arrange something between the two, but everybody at filmsarok seems to be much too busy trying to figure out how to implement an english language site since nobody replies anymore..
I don't mind passing the information, but Kontroll and Sorstalansag are not distributed by the same people, so he'd need to find someone else to purchase Kontrol from as well as say the Bela Tarr films. I also got this very interesting e-mail this morning from the distributor we're speaking about out of nowhere;

"I am really sorry. And from legal causes we must not distribute our films any other countries."

I guess this e-mail was some type of follow up from the phone call. Maybe they want to make sure I don't call back. lol
Old 10-11-06, 12:50 PM
Cool New Member

Are we getting close to having to admit defeat?? - every avenue that opens seems to get closed quickly.

The person I had just approached on a website who was Hungarian who said he would get it for me and I could pay by PayPal, contacted me about ten days ago and said bad news PayPal will not accept, I wrote back to him asking could I send USA $ or British Ł and that was the last I heard from him, so that door seems to be closed.

I still can't remember which Hungarian DVD Website sold to the USA and accepted Western Union, that may be an easier way that someone in the USA may help??

Thanks John
Old 10-11-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you can't surrender now.
Old 10-13-06, 01:01 AM
Cool New Member

No Way! could I give up in my search for the Sorstalanság 2 DVD set, I want it that badly!! - I have found an on-line store in the UK which sell Hungarian Music and also do DVD, I have asked if they can speak to their supplier.

I have found that Video Universe in the USA who I use quite a lot, have Hungarian DVD's in stock, but not the one I want, they do have Kontroll

Here is the link for what they have:

http://www.cduniverse.com/browsecat....cart=409058304
Old 10-13-06, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

aren't these region 1? Anyone tried contacting the guy from "hungary store .com" I know he sells on ebay. I'm getting the Argo 2 disc and szezon from him. He did mentioned that the 2 disc Kontroll is out of stock from all suppliers but he does have the 1 disc which is 20$ including shipping. I use to have this disc and is identical to the first disc of the 2 disc set. He's mentioned he could get the Sostalansag 2 disc but it runs for over $40 so more than likely I will get it with the others to offset the high price. He said he could find almost anything released in hungary but it would take time and prices could be a little high. Can anyone confirm that Moszkva ter doesn't have english subs? We've exchanged a couple of emails but I wanted to make sure everything was kosher before I mentioned anything. so good so far.

Last edited by BuddhaWake; 10-13-06 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-13-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We don't need Region 1 Hungarian DVDs...we need non-Region 1 Hugarian DVDs!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.