Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks,

I'll wait to get the 2-disk Hungarian version instead of the German dubbed disk. I might even be going to Budapest next year and then I'll get a list of what to buy. Flying over there may be easier than messing around with the existing Hungarian DVD stores

I can't believe that Hungary does not have an english-friendy online dvd store. They are a first world country after all! There are countries worse off that have online DVD stores...It's wierd too since Hungary has such a huge movie industry and tons of their DVDs have English subtitles. Who's using the English subtitles if they aren't selling them to English speakers?
Old 04-26-06, 06:15 PM

Peter Kovacs at Filmsarok.hu did write back today...

We are testing the new website and we believe that whitin 2 weeks it will
work! i hope it won't be too late for you

Best regards
Peter Kovacs
www.Filmsarok.hu

So it is just more waiting I guess...I, for one, am just going to wait a bit longer and buy from filmsarok. It would be really lame of me to go and buy these disks elsewhere after all these correspondences...
Old 04-26-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

AmonTwin,
so www.filmsarok.hu is going to have credit card purchasing as well? If it's true with the English interface and if they take credit card, i'm definitely buying from them...They will make more business definitely at least from everyone that posts in DVDTALK International forum...
Old 04-26-06, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
AmonTwin,
so www.filmsarok.hu is going to have credit card purchasing as well? If it's true with the English interface and if they take credit card, i'm definitely buying from them...They will make more business definitely at least from everyone that posts in DVDTALK International forum...

According to previous emails with them, they will have credit card purchasing with the English interface. Or else I would be waiting for nothing...I too am amazed that there are no English-friendly sites for Hungarian DVDs...

Amon
Old 04-27-06, 04:21 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Filmsarok ever plans to deliver. This project has been slated to be "done in two weeks" since late February.

I'm still boggling at the fact that there are e-commerce sites that don't accept the most common forms of electronic payment. However do they do business even with locals? I thought credit-cards and payment-facilitation services like Paypal were somewhat the norm online everywhere.
Old 04-27-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

maybe bank transfers are a lot easier in other countries.
Old 04-28-06, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
maybe bank transfers are a lot easier in other countries.
One is still better of using Credit Card or Paypal when it comes to purchasing.

It´s very expensive to transfer money from one country to another through ones online bank account. Banks are known to demand a very high fee for this service. I talk from experience. Besides, in case something goes wrong with the order, or the item doesn´t show up, one cannot make a charge back. The money is lost.

Last edited by Dane; 04-28-06 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-28-06, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i was talking more within the country itself not from another country (which I too know is very expensive)
Old 04-28-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i was talking more within the country itself not from another country (which I too know is very expensive)
Oh, I see. Sorry, I misunderstood you.
Old 05-11-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pro-B, I know that the Hungarian 2-discer for this film is great, but I see you've got the just-releasing R1 "Fateless" aka "Sorstalansag" lined up for review. Can you give us the quick inside dish.....anything to be overly concerned about (non-anamorphic, etc.)?
Old 05-11-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was just wondering the same thing as it appears that this credit card english friendly thing will be coming in two weeks until 2010.
Old 05-11-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by flixtime
Pro-B, I know that the Hungarian 2-discer for this film is great, but I see you've got the just-releasing R1 "Fateless" aka "Sorstalansag" lined up for review. Can you give us the quick inside dish.....anything to be overly concerned about (non-anamorphic, etc.)?
I will have it any moment now (it is better to have the review tell it all) but all I could say is: it has gotten the same treatment Kontroll-R1 did. You do the math!!

I will try to post the review ASAP (too many films came at the same time).

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 05-11-06, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
....it has gotten the same "treatment" Kontroll-R1 did.....
Old 05-11-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

say no more. no respect for anything.
Old 05-11-06, 06:12 PM

I was just wondering the same thing as it appears that this credit card english friendly thing will be coming in two weeks until 2010.
Yeah, sure does seem as if it will never happen. I guess I will have to get my Kontroll and Fateless 2-discs elsewhere. Especially since it seems the initial impression of the R1 Fateless did not get the treatment it deserved...rrrr
Old 05-11-06, 06:21 PM

I picked Fateless up at my local DVD/music shop Tuesday, got all excited, looked at the back cover, saw "4:3 Letterbox" and disgustedly put it back down.

ThinkFilm has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, of the "major" DVD companies in this country.
Old 05-11-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they think people that like arty foreign movies are old folks with old Zenith square tvs...
Old 05-16-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I sent the review for approval so it should be up shortly but I think that somone in this company simply is not aware what the term DVD implies (suggesting presentation of course)!

This has got to be the biggest gaffe I have seen this year!!

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 05-17-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not to beat a dead horse but....I'd just like to remind everyone of the following which was posted by DVDTalker jmoneta on August 30th of last year in a "Kontroll" discussion in the Reviews Forum. jmoneta had sent an e-mail of complaint to ThinkFilm in regard to their poor quality release of "Kontroll". The following was the reply he received:

I [DVDTalker jmoneta] just received a reply to my complaint from Dave Hudakoc ([email protected]) ...

I received word of your disappointment of the Kontroll DVD from Jeff Sackman [President & CEO of ThinkFilm]. We here at THINKFilm were also disappointed with the outcome of this DVD as we felt that such a great film deserved much more of a DVD to enjoy. Unfortunately, the Kontroll DVD was a victim of poor timing and an internal shuffle here at THINKFilm.

I am now in charge of DVD production here at THINKFilm and would like to assure you that you can expect to enjoy great DVDs going forward. It is unfortunate that Kontroll did not receive the attention it deserved, but you can expect that it won’t happen in the future. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Dave.

So that was that in regard to "Kontroll"......."victim of poor timing and an internal shuffle".....empty assurances and "you can expect it won't happen in the future". Here we are eight months later with "Fateless".....and history repeats itself...I wonder what the excuse was this time. I just needed to vent.
Old 05-17-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,263 Likes on 841 Posts
I wonder what the excuse was this time.
Something which involves ghouls and goblins I hope!

Seriously, that sucks. Especially since I'm going to have to review that piece of crap. Free crap is still crap.
Old 05-17-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

maybe jmoneta could write the person with a ..."hey remember me... oops you did it again. What? you like like Hungary or something?" how about it. at least it would seem that this talker is trying to hold the accountable parties to their promises.
Old 05-17-06, 07:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
why does it not surprise me that ThinkFilm just screwed up AGAIN - ugh! any other online stores where I can pick this and Kontroll?
Old 05-17-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

corporations are not known for efficiency or learning from their mistakes...
Old 05-30-06, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is it that complicated to set the English thing/credit card thing up at www.Filmsarok.hu? Still waiting!
Old 05-31-06, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Perhaps, you could mail them and ask when we can expect to see the CC payment implemented?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.