Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Babylon 5 : The Complete Universe Mega Box Set (R2 only, for now)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Unless someone else has better luck finding a thread that already discusses this (in which case I'll delete this one)

WB has released a MEGA box set in the UK which contains all 5 seasons of Babylon 5, the TV Movies, Crusade, Legend of the Rangers..... the whole magilla, 41 DVDs in all.

Here's the press release:
THE COMPLETE UNIVERSE - Available From 24th October

THE COMPLETE BABYLON 5 EXPERIENCE IN ONE OUT OF THIS WORLD DVD BOX SET

The cosmic event of the year could space-rocket under your Christmas Tree with the sensational release of the most coveted BABYLON 5 DVD box set ever. Entering star grids across the UK on 24th October is BABYLON 5: THE COMPLETE UNIVERSE that includes all five seasons of Babylon 5, the five feature-length films and the follow up series Crusade. Also included in the set is the DVD debut of Legend of the Rangers, the final feature length movie spin off. The Complete Universe crosses the box set frontier and presents the entire Babylon 5 legacy in one stunningly presented box set that Warner Home Video will make available at retailers nationwide priced £199.99 RRP. The perfect gift for sci-fi fans, this box set will send them into hyperdrive this Christmas!
Amazon.co.uk is listing it for £150.

As I've already got all of the above (except Rangers, which hasn't been released in R1 yet), I'd only be interested in the box it comes in. If anyone has or sees a lead on that, post away!
Old 11-04-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would suck if that gets released in the US and it's the only way to get the Rangers movie. It may not of been a good movie, but my B5 collection is one disc short without it.
Old 11-04-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that's....awesome. Too bad I already own B5 s1-5 and the movie set. All I'm missing is Crusade and that last movie, but they're not worth what it would cost to get that set.
Old 11-04-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Thats great. I was planning on checking the series out(I know, I should have years ago). If I like it, that is a nice option.
Old 11-04-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Goddamn, how big is that thing? It looks like a coffee table!

I'm hoping they release this in R1 at a decent price like the complete Buffy boxed set; I just can't justify paying the price they're asking for the season sets when the series is in MAR. ($200 MSRP would be okay.)
Old 11-04-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Goddamn, how big is that thing? It looks like a coffee table!
I'm afraid to open it. What if these swarmed out?

Old 11-04-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a pretty strong feeling that we'll see this (and Fox's complete Angel and X-Files) in R1 next year... just in time for the holidays.

Assuming that things like Sex & the City, Friends, and Buffy sell well, this will probably be the next "TV on DVD" trend -- complete series sets for major shows. I just wish that they'd consider making the sets thinner/smaller. That would be my main reason to consider 'upgrading' -- saving shelf space and getting a compact package.
Old 11-04-05, 02:08 PM

But, did the fix any of the problems with the image on the original sets? ie the video of the first two seasons is far below par.
Old 11-04-05, 02:52 PM

Hmm, I woudln't mind getting the box..but not going to buy every season over again! well everything expect the rangers.
Old 11-04-05, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Linn1
But, did the fix any of the problems with the image on the original sets? ie the video of the first two seasons is far below par.
There's not much they can do. The poor image quality is endemic to the production. They really should have mastered the episodes in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, but I seriously doubt that any of these "Complete Series" box sets will contain anything other than the original season DVDs bundled together in one box.
Old 11-07-05, 05:07 PM

Hmm...if it ever drops in price I may have to pick it up. I currently only have the first two seasons and crusade...maybe I should pawn them off now.
Old 01-15-06, 08:22 AM

Excuse me, can anybody tell me, whether there are RUSSIAN subtitles in the R2 (UK) Babylon 5 Complete Universe set, or not.
Old 03-08-06, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and if anyone owns this thing, whats inside the box? just the season sets? thanks