Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Cheapest shipping from Australia?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-11-05, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 4 or 5 dvd's I want to get from Australia and had my basket all ready to go at ezydvd.com but found out shipping would be over $20 for 5 dvds! This seems pretty steep to me compared to what I pay for shipping coming from China or Europe. Anyone familiar with a dvd retailer in Australia that has reasonable shipping prices or any helpful coupons? or is $20 the best I can hope for? and I should stop being a cheap-ass....
Old 09-11-05, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Not to upset you but for the reliability and excellent service Ezy provides...20$ for 5 dvds is an excellent option. I suppose you don't buy too many DVDs from Europe do you?
With this said...you could check atlanticdvd.com.au...but I would still consider Ezy.

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-11-05 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-11-05, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Try ordering from Amazon.fr or Amazon.de! Outrageous shipping prices are the norm, unfortunately.
Old 09-11-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You really need to look at the overall cost of your order - don't fixate on the shipping charges (which are about as good as it gets from Australia).
Old 09-11-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You could always try CDwow (search for a $2 OFF link) as they also have R4 discs. You might find what you are looking for.

As far as the cost of shipping from Australia, the costs of some of the discs is worth the shipping.
Old 09-11-05, 02:16 PM

I just purchased a couple titles from hmv.com.au and shipping was just au$7. ($4.65 US)

Their help section indicates that 1-4 dvds costs au$7 and 5-10 costs au$12 shipped internationally.

I can't speak for their customer service or shipping time, but my order was shipped within 48 hours. I was planning on buying from Ezydvd but their prices were on average a bit higher and the shipping was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Brian C. A.K.A. "CHIP"

Last edited by bwcgrx; 09-11-05 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-11-05, 05:00 PM

Thanks, bwcgrx. I checked out hmv.com.au and they had the dvd's I was looking for at about the same price as ezy with shipping about $15 dollars cheaper. I just cut my order from 5 dvds to 4. Shipping and customer service remains to be seen however. Thanks for all the suggestions, everybody.
Old 09-13-05, 10:16 PM

Just to post an update.

I received my dvds from hmv.com.au in great condition packed in a padded shipping envelope.

They Arrived in about 7 working days. Fast shipping I'd say.

Brian C. A.K.A. "CHIP"