Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Phantasm Box (R2) in Sept 2005!?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Phantasm Box (R2) in Sept 2005!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
yes, it is there. the reason i didn't mention bc i wasn't sure if i will just keep the damaged one or trade away the new one, prob the latter if a good trade is offered.
You just put your foot in your mouth.
If you trade the damaged set your post in the trade forum is dishonest.
If you trade the mint set then you stole from/cheated Amazon UK.
Old 11-08-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brooklyn
You just put your foot in your mouth.
If you trade the damaged set your post in the trade forum is dishonest.
If you trade the mint set then you stole from/cheated Amazon UK.
Exactly.

Had it not been made known that Amazon.co.uk did replacements like that earlier in this thread, I seriously doubt scott1598 would have discovered that "minor crease" on his "mint condition" set in the first place.

I will say this, he surely has balls for trying to unload it on the DVDTalk Exchange Forum after all of this.
Old 11-08-05, 06:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
just get off me for f*** sake. i can't help that they are sending me another one and i can do whatever i want with either i want.
you all must have way better things to do. gosh!!
Old 11-08-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
yes, it is there. the reason i didn't mention bc i wasn't sure if i will just keep the damaged one or trade away the new one, prob the latter if a good trade is offered.
The reason why I asked is that you and I discussed a possible trade for the Phantasm set, and you never made any mention about multiple sets or damage. I'm not trying to attack you, but the situation just seems a little opportunistic. I always try to be very up front with other traders.
Old 11-08-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You could have helped it by not taking advantage of such a great policy (for those who actually need to use it) in the first place.

When someone knows they did something wrong, you will find that they tend to talk in circles, stick their foot in their mouth, and all of that, and that's what you keep doing here over and over again.

nuf said, more later...

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 11-08-05 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-08-05, 06:48 PM

Brent, that link is hilarious!
Old 11-08-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what upsets me about this is the fact that I spoke with my mailman today and he said he delivered my package this past Sat. he left it at my front door(I know this was it because I have nothing else being delivered at this moment). I wasn't home at all that day. of course when I got home there was no package at my door. now I fear that Amazon will just tell me "oh well, people have been requesting too many replacements so we can no longer do anything about it. sorry". I bought 2 sets so I could be out almost 100.00 now.
Old 11-08-05, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As a punishment to scott, I think the powers that be here at DVDTalk should force him to end each and every one of his posts with:

nuf said, more later...
Old 11-08-05, 10:27 PM

the reason i didn't mention bc i wasn't sure if i will just keep the damaged one or trade away the new one, prob the latter if a good trade is offered.
You realize that "keep the damaged one" and "trade away the new one" are the same thing, right?

And if you decide to trade away the damaged one, then your description on the exchange forum will be inaccurate.
Old 11-08-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is one to ponder everyone.

If the "minor crease" was unacceptable for scott1598 to the point where he took advantage of the Amazon.co.uk policy, why in the world would he then trade away the new replacement one and keep the one with the "minor crease".
Old 11-09-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
decisions, decisions. do I keep my Amazon order that was placed almost 2 months ago to save some money(I ordered 2 sets) or do I just keep it?
Maybe you should have cancelled. Hope things work out for ya!
Old 11-09-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

If the "minor crease" was unacceptable for scott1598 to the point where he took advantage of the Amazon.co.uk policy, why in the world would he then trade away the new replacement one and keep the one with the "minor crease".
'nuf said!
Old 11-09-05, 08:16 AM

'nuf said indeed!
Old 11-09-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just get off me for f*** sake. i can't help that they are sending me another one and i can do whatever i want with either i want.
you all must have way better things to do. gosh!!
You can't help it? You wrote them expecting to them expecting free one. Then you are not only stupid enough to post about it, but you create a thread for it in the trade forum as well; and when people start calling you on your lies, you get angry? You have no right to be angry.

You're lying to us, to Amazon, and to the people in the trade thread. You are doing this so you can profit by it.

'nuff said, more later.
Old 11-09-05, 11:43 AM

Exactly.

Had it not been made known that Amazon.co.uk did replacements like that earlier in this thread, I seriously doubt scott1598 would have discovered that "minor crease" on his "mint condition" set in the first place.

I will say this, he surely has balls for trying to unload it on the DVDTalk Exchange Forum after all of this.
more so than you, my friend!
Old 11-09-05, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by renaldow
You can't help it? You wrote them expecting to them expecting free one. Then you are not only stupid enough to post about it, but you create a thread for it in the trade forum as well; and when people start calling you on your lies, you get angry? You have no right to be angry.

You're lying to us, to Amazon, and to the people in the trade thread. You are doing this so you can profit by it.

'nuff said, more later.
i didn't expect anything. as i said in another post that you so fondly neglected to mention. i went through the RA # process and was more than willing to return it.
Old 11-09-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i didn't expect anything. as i said in another post that you so fondly neglected to mention. i went through the RA # process and was more than willing to return it.
You did expect something. You didn't try this until I'd already posted that Amazon UK had offered to send a 2nd set out free, no exchange needed. You knew what to expect. And as it's already been pointed out before, your set was "mint condition" as well.

Cover it up as much as you like, it's fairly obvious to everyone here what you are doing.
Old 11-09-05, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by calhoun07
And I guess if you did indeed tell them the problem you had with the set was just a minor crease and you offered to send it back to them, and that's what they decided to do for you, then my reaction and all of our reactions were in the wrong.
To scott1598: I take back EVERYTHING I said here. No apologies at all in response to what I wrote earlier.

And, really, why are you still trying to defend yourself at this point?
Old 11-09-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received this fantastic email from scott1598 earlier today:

SUBJECT: get a life...

do you really have so little life that you feel the need to keep on bash and criticize me?
Unfortunately, he didn't end it with "nuf said, more later...".
Old 11-09-05, 04:30 PM

I received this fantastic email from scott1598 earlier today:

Unfortunately, he didn't end it with "nuf said, more later...".
yeah...you are so grown up. wish i did write that bc it is true.
mods please close or delete this thread!!
Old 11-09-05, 04:33 PM
Suspended

I remember seeing phantasm years ago and liked it. How are the other movies are the any good? And how about the video quality of each are they any good? Thanks
Old 11-09-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

tacos, here is a review of this set:

http://www.sexgoremutants.co.uk/phantasmbox.html

I received my set from CD-Wow today, but I haven't actually got into any of the discs. I must say that I love the Sphere though! Are you guys going to keep the Sphere in the actual box it came packed in or are you just going to toss it?
Old 11-09-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, hopefully we can keep this thread back on topic.

Anyway, I also received my set from CDWow today. I must say, they packed this thing really well. It had bubble wrap, air bags, and extra cardboard backing.

I am going to keep the box, but I don't plan on keeping the sphere in it, as I would rather keep it out in all its glory.
Old 11-09-05, 06:07 PM

Scott, people were moving on. Why didn't you let it lie instead of trying to get a cheap dig in?
Old 11-09-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah...you are so grown up. wish i did write that bc it is true.
mods please close or delete this thread!!
Please don't.

Scott, not trying to be mean, but really, if the thread bothers you, don't read posts here.

Keeping it on topic...I got my set the other day. The only thing I would fault on it is it doesn't have a drill to mount on the sphere! But at any rate, I am glad I bought it and it's a wonderful addition to my collection! And the box, even with the slight crease I put in the card board opening it up, will just go in my closet and the DVD set will sit proudly on the mount on my entertainment center!