Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Aviator: DTS but split!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-22-05, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case anyone was interested in checking out the 3 disc version of the Aviator from HK, you're not getting an extra bonus disc. The movie is split over two discs! Full bitrate DTS but on a movie like this, not necessary.

No sale here.
Old 06-22-05, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here in Holland The Aviator is released in a 1-disc and 2-disc versions and both are with English DTS.
The release is 01 September 2005
Old 06-22-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
After getting burned on Alexander, I'm no longer buying HK discs just to get DTS. If the Japanese or Korean releases had DTS (which they unfortunately don't), maybe, but the quality of HK releases is still pretty erratic.
Old 06-22-05, 07:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
I felt that pain too, Josh, when I got my copy of the Korean edition of Alexander. I was pretty pissed watching the most most annoying disc break of all time. And really for The Aviator, I would have liked it in DTS, especially at a full bit-rate, but with that disc break and the fact that a good portion of the movie wouldn't benefit from DTS, I just can't justify getting it.
Old 06-23-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by trespoochies
I felt that pain too, Josh, when I got my copy of the Korean edition of Alexander. I was pretty pissed watching the most most annoying disc break of all time.
Do you have the Korean or HK release? I thought the Korean (DD-only) release was all on one disc?