Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Pls. recommend B&M DVD store in Seoul

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 01-26-05, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Korea next month. Can anybody recommend good stores in Korea for DVDs? Is it cheaper to buy DVDs in Korea or is it just similarly prices with online Korean stores? Thanks!
Old 01-26-05, 09:57 PM

Ask at dvdutopia.com

My friend is a mod there and is a Korean local who might be able to answer some of your questions... in detail. Look under the id jameslee.
Old 01-27-05, 04:47 PM

It's going to be cheaper since you won't have to pay the shipping. Go out to Yongsan (at the Electronics Market district), there are a lot of DVD storefronts out there. Be prepared to do some hoofing though. Depending on how cheap you want to get, you may want to do a lot of price comparison (usually worth the effort for boxed sets). Be careful about buying from the guys who have kiosks or a stand right on the street though, those tend to be bootlegs.
Old 01-27-05, 10:43 PM

Nope, central Seoul (about 3 stores) and 2 stores in the eastern part of Seoul is the cheapest. (that's what I heard from my Korean bud)

As posted on our site, he said that he will personally go with the guy who asked to the DVD stores if time is acceptable on both ends.

Yongsan is not favored by locals to buy retail DVD for cheap. Many go to these places to buy $9 for 3 bootleg packages.
Old 01-28-05, 12:39 AM

Go to a place called Technomart in Gangbyeon. It's kind of like Yongsan but much newer and is simply one building. Its basically 9 stories of electronics. DVD's are on the eighth floor(along with computer games and accessories). There are 8 or 9 stores on the floor selling DVD's but there is one specific store that I go to that is cheaper than the others. If you speak some Korean you shouldn't have too many problems with them(some stores may quote higher prices for foreigners).
Old 01-29-05, 03:36 AM

This is DVDheaven.com from korea. (http://www.dvdheaven.com)
If you visit to seoul korea, please contact us. We can give you help...

My name is Hyo Min Song.
And phone number is 82-2-11-226-1052. When you call in seoul, just click 011-226-1052.
Email:[email protected]

Thanks...
Old 02-04-05, 02:41 PM

If you indeed work for DVD Heaven, please correct an error on your page. It says complicated chinese when it should say "traditional" chinese.
Old 09-14-08, 09:54 AM

I will travel to Seoul next month, where is good place for some DVD shopping? (best slection and/or best price.)

Sorry to bring up an old threads. But since it is over three years old, appreciate anyone can help give me an updated!