Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDHeaven.com Lowers Shipping

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DVDHeaven.com Lowers Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum... if you want to advertise here, you'll have to speak with the guy who runs the site - Geoff. There are rules about such things. Other than that, it'll be nice to be able to have you around to field questions.

I normally buy my Korean DVDs from Yesasia or Koreandvds.com or DVDFromKorea.com - I was about to order from you guys, but noticed the shipping cost put you as more expensive than the others. This was before you lowered the shipping costs though. I'll be sure to check your site again before I place my next order.
Old 01-06-05, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your advice. I will try to contact the webmaster of this forum... ^^
And I will wait for your first order pretty soon...

By the way, we last month contracted to the korean visa company to accept for "verified by visa" on our site. We are developing the payment system now and we can probably accept "verified by visa" from the mid of this month...^^

I hope you like this news...
Old 01-06-05, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's who you need to talk to about advertising and promotion - http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/member.php?u=58

Your site has been listed in my sticky thread at the top of the forum since I heard about you - someone here mentioned it.

Verified by Visa - Others may like it, but personally - I find it somewhat of a hassle. I know it's more secure and I like that aspect of it... it's just somewhat annoying to me - more passwords to remember. Anyway, I'm sure other people around here will be happy to hear that.
Old 01-06-05, 09:01 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I was wondering how accurate your inventory is in relation to your online site. In other words, if I purchase a dvd on your site... can I assume that you currently have it IN STOCK and will ship within a reasonable amount of time?

I've experienced some sites that would allow the buyer to checkout... then 3-weeks laters notifying the buyer that it's now being shipped.
Old 01-06-05, 10:06 AM

Of course I understand why their prices are so high.
So now you understand? Then it sounds more like this you've got something personal against them. Did you have a bad experience or something?

It's just cheaper to order direct from the country of origin.
That's really not true in all cases. Try ordering any of the heavier sets like Taegukgi, Silmido or both together, from a Korean site, and you'll end up with pretty much the same price, or it will be even more than thedvdetective (if you are in the US).
Old 01-06-05, 10:29 AM
Banned

First off, I understand why their initial prices are so high but NOT their shipping. That was my issue. I have nothing personal against them and the owner has been very nice to me.

Again, I don't buy big boxed sets. I've bought one and the shipping was perfect. The initial $6 shipping fee covers a good amount of discs...4 I think? So order a few at once and you're fine. Still cheaper than DVDdetective.

Either way, i'm probably going to be trying DVDheaven soon as there's a disc coming out this month that I want. If yesasia doesn't put it up soon, I'll try there.
Old 01-06-05, 11:54 AM

I have nothing personal against them and the owner has been very nice to me.
I'd hate to see how you talk about retailers you don't like!

But seriously, everyone has their own preferences, so if you are happy, then that's what counts. I'd rather support domestic companies than save a few dollars here and there, but that's just me.
Old 01-06-05, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sifu
I'd hate to see how you talk about retailers you don't like!

But seriously, everyone has their own preferences, so if you are happy, then that's what counts. I'd rather support domestic companies than save a few dollars here and there, but that's just me.
And that's great if that's how you feel. However, whomever has the lowest price gets my business. In this case, that's always been either Koreandvds or yesasia, both of which I'm very happy with. If DVDheaven proves to be quick and cheaper, then I'm all for them. I know it's un-american to support other countries but I can't help it if that's the way I am.
Old 01-06-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not a fan of DVDdetective either... out of stock on every single item I've wanted and their prices aren't great.
Old 01-06-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Anyone is low compared to DVDdetective. they jack up their prices a lot. Really nice and good communication but really bad prices.
I believe the price flucuations on thedvdetective.com really depend on the various suppliers that he uses.

He had a decent price on The House of Flying Daggers ($39) and he will be selling the New Transformers Set for $64.

...and let's not forget the once, almighty dollar isn't what it use to be.
Old 01-06-05, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by tmy727
I was wondering how accurate your inventory is in relation to your online site. In other words, if I purchase a dvd on your site... can I assume that you currently have it IN STOCK and will ship within a reasonable amount of time?
We do our best to make all of our online inventory data accurate, however, it is not easy... So sometimes we should send email to our customers on which we notice what is not prepared and when it will be prepared, something like that... This email is usually sent to them within 1 week after we checked their payment.

For your reference, at the end of month and the first of month we can not be easy to prepare specific goods, for almost of the production company do not supply their goods to the distributers.

By the way, we will do our best for the fast shipping...^^
Thanks...
Old 01-06-05, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by dvdheaven.com
By the way, we last month contracted to the korean visa company to accept for "verified by visa" on our site. We are developing the payment system now and we can probably accept "verified by visa" from the mid of this month...^^

I hope you like this news...
Do you have any plan to accept Mastercard?
Old 01-07-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Would love to see the prices on Superbits matched or beaten by dvdheaven compared to koreandvds.com
Old 01-07-05, 01:41 AM

Because in this time, we trust only on "verified by visa" service for the payment, we will not accept other card for the time being. However, we heard mastercard was also developing the security module for online payment. So, when their solution is proved to be reliable, we will accept it also...^^

Regarding to the price of Superbits on koreandvds.com, I'm afraid not to follow their price. Recently I found their price was very cheap when our customers also complained our price of them, compared to koreandvds.com.

As a matter of fact, their price is something wrong. Even though we contracted to the major distributor of columbia and we were promised that we would received their goods on the cheapest price, but we could not receive them on same price as koreandvds.com. So we begin to have a doubt about their goods.

Anyway, let me try to ask the production company whether we can receive them on cheaper price and supply them to you on competitive price...^^

Last edited by dvdheaven.com; 01-07-05 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-07-05, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
whomever has the lowest price gets my business.... If DVDheaven proves to be quick and cheaper, then I'm all for them. I know it's un-american to support other countries but I can't help it if that's the way I am.
Ditto.... if prices are close, then I'd rather deal domestically.

Originally Posted by Trigger
I'm not a fan of DVDdetective either... out of stock on every single item I've wanted and their prices aren't great.
I've purchased from the detective before, but have noticed prices creaping upwards. And yes, inventory is pretty bad. I do enjoy checking his Limited Box category though.
Old 01-07-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvdheaven.com

Regarding to the price of Superbits on koreandvds.com, I'm afraid not to follow their price. Recently I found their price was very cheap when our customers also complained our price of them, compared to koreandvds.com.

As a matter of fact, their price is something wrong. Even though we contracted to the major distributor of columbia and we were promised that we would received their goods on the cheapest price, but we could not receive them on same price as koreandvds.com. So we begin to have a doubt about their goods.

Anyway, let me try to ask the production company whether we can receive them on cheaper price and supply them to you on competitive price...^^
I have purchased Superbits previously from Koreandvds.com and they were legit...so no need to question their authenticity. I do appreciate the feedback, however, and look forward to seeing what can be done.
Old 01-07-05, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I have purchased Superbits previously from Koreandvds.com and they were legit...so no need to question their authenticity. I do appreciate the feedback, however, and look forward to seeing what can be done.

Same here... took advantage of the koreandvds.com's Superbit Sale, no problems at all. I'm sure many here can vouch for the same.
Old 01-07-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

koreandvds doesn't sell bootlegs... they must have a special arrangement - much like bestprices has with ADV.
Old 01-10-05, 08:34 AM

dvdheaven.com - Are you there? I sent 2 emails requesting for more info. on a couple of dvds on your site. I can't read Korean and was hoping for more info. on them.

Emailed on the 7th... still no replies
Old 01-10-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Try this:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Old 01-10-05, 10:46 AM

I can't read Korean
They might not be able to read English.
Old 01-10-05, 04:16 PM

Thx! -candyrocket-

Originally Posted by mrwilson
They might not be able to read English.
Well, if you read the ealier posts.... he's a new member to the forum and looks like he's posting in English.
Old 01-11-05, 03:36 AM

Dear tmy727,

Sorry for our late response.
As I mentioned on my reply email today, we need to ask your questions to each production company. Of course i did so as soon as i received your email and I am waiting for the answers from them.

So, please give me more time to prepare the answer. ^^
Old 01-11-05, 10:23 AM

'They' as in DVDHeaven.com, not the poster.
Old 01-14-05, 09:42 PM

Regarding to Hannibal Collection Boxset which tmy727 asked me by email, let me sumarize that information as below...

=====================
Hannibal (2disc)

Dubbing : English / Brazil
Screen : Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1 , NTSC
Grade : Over 18 years old
Subtitle : Korean / English / Brazil / Thai
Audio : Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Running Time : 132 Min.

Red Dragon (dts-2disc)

Dubbing : English
Screen : Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 , NTSC
Subtitle : Korean / English / Thai / Chinese / Japanese / Spanish / Portugese / Indonesian
Audio : dts & Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Running Time : 124 Min.

Manhunter (1disc)

Dubbing : English / Portugese
Screen : Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 , NTSC
Subtitle : Korean / Portugese
Audio : Dolby Digital 2.0 & Mono
Running Time : 117 Min.
=====================

According to Universal Korea co....
because they have produced Manhunter as 1 disc when they have released it in korea and they have inputed same dvd into Hannibal Collection Boxset, it is 5 disc box...

And they have no idea how many discs are included in this boxset in different region or foreign country. ^^;

Last edited by dvdheaven.com; 01-14-05 at 09:49 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.