Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Nimrod Antal's Kontroll

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Nimrod Antal's Kontroll

Old 09-07-04, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nimrod Antal's Kontroll

Does anyone knows where I can buy the hungarian movie Kontroll. I'm looking for an English friendly website.

Here's some details:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373981/

http://www.xpress.hu/dvd/film.asp?FI...46836860541393

Thanks.
Old 04-24-05, 02:31 AM

I feel bad bumping up something so old, but is there a good place to find this on DVD? I saw a preview tonight and it looks incredible.

Edit: Now I feel really bad for bumping it... because I found a copy at amazon.co.uk. Apparently an R2 release came out earlier this month. But alas, burned-in subs, 2-channel sound, and not anamorphic. If there's a better release I should get please let me know.

Last edited by bobstevens; 04-24-05 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-24-05, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

There is no better release than the Hungarian one...I was planning on posting the news when the UK disc came out however the quality is horrendous. The Hungarian disc is English friendly and with MUCH BETTER quality.

The film was picked up for US distribution...so expect a R1 version in the Fall.

Pro-B
Old 04-24-05, 06:10 AM

Hey, don't feel bad about bumping this thread, as I was wondering about the same thing. I hadn't even heard about the UK release of it. That sure is a crap release though. Why would they release a non-anarmorphic disc of a new film in 2005?

Pro, do you have any idea where to get hold of the Hungarian disc?
Old 04-24-05, 06:47 AM

Review of the terrible UK disc here What a waste of space.

There a 2 Hungarian releases available here Copy of the back cover here for people with slow connections.

I'm sure I read somewhere the BBC was going to be showing this on BBC3 soon.
Old 04-24-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by run1
Pro, do you have any idea where to get hold of the Hungarian disc?
I have not used the store Daniel has linked above. It looks English friendly, try it.

ALSO.... NETPIAC ships to the US!

To locate destination look under Orszag/Nemzet....America is your first option...also when you enter your street and state at the end add U.S.A (AFTER the zip code). By doing so you will make sure that your US destination is MORE than visible . VAT will also be substracted.

Direct link:
http://www.netpiac.hu/display/index....ermek_id=5103#

You will have to email them however for your order as they do not accept VISA/MC directly from your order page.

I would suggest that you email them (in English) for further assistance.

This is the only site I know of that ships to the US.

Regards,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-24-05 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-24-05, 08:36 PM

I got my copy through Numero 7 with no problems. And definitely pick up the two disc edition ... ALL special features - including two short films by Antall - are english subtitled. Not only is there not currently a better edition than this one out there, there won't be, either. The Hungarian two disc is the one to get.
Old 04-25-05, 04:07 AM

Thanks for the links. I've cancelled my R2 order (it was a moment of weakness) and am trying to pick up the 2-disc from Numero7 (quite possibly the shadiest-looking retailer I've ever used, but I trust you on this one twitch).

Last edited by bobstevens; 04-25-05 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-25-05, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by twitch
I got my copy through Numero 7 with no problems. And definitely pick up the two disc edition ... ALL special features - including two short films by Antall - are english subtitled. Not only is there not currently a better edition than this one out there, there won't be, either. The Hungarian two disc is the one to get.
Damn it. I just ordered the 1 disk thinking that the 2 disk wouldn't have sub extras.
Old 04-25-05, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by bobstevens
Thanks for the links. I've cancelled my R2 order (it was a moment of weakness) and am trying to pick up the 2-disc from Numero7 (quite possibly the shadiest-looking retailer I've ever used, but I trust you on this one twitch).
They were a little bit slow but the prices were reasonable ... every other english friendly Hungarian retailer I could find positively gouged on shipping.

And BuddhaWake, you're in good company ... a few people over at Twitch bought the single disc when we were talking about the film ... I took a chance on the double and was pleasently surprised. It even offers the entire menu system in English ... the only non-subbed feature in the entire set is the audio commentary on the film itself. Absolutely everything else is subbed ...
Old 04-25-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for the reply twitch. how long did it take you to receive it from Numero7?
Old 04-25-05, 08:43 PM

A little over two weeks if I remember right ...
Old 04-26-05, 08:39 AM

I know I will end up getting the 2 disc release but I loathe spending more than $7 on a DVD. We need an international CH!