Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Zu Warriors (2001-2) OOP?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-04, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking around for the Mirimax Zu Warriors release on DVD, and it looks like it's out of stock everywhere. Is this totally OOP? I'd love to buy a copy.

Old Trailer on Apple.com

Thanks!

-JR
Old 06-26-04, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
You want the Miramax cut??! Why?

DDDHouse has the original version with DTS for like 10 bucks. The movie is called Legend of Zu. Plus, it's all region.
Old 06-26-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Totally OOP? To be Out of Print, I think a DVD would have to be In Print in the first place and as far as I know Miramax never released Zu Warriors. Which is probably a good thing since by most accounts the North American cut was a terrible version of a movie alot of people apparently don't like anyway.

So yeah like Trigger said, just import it.
Old 06-26-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way - the movie isn't all that great to begin with. :/
Old 06-27-04, 12:20 AM

Thanks guys! I didn't realize that Miramax never released it, I figured it'd been released and met with poor sales, so it'd been "swept under the rug" or something.

Trigger, it's not that good eh? I was hoping it was fairly decent, the preview on that Apple site made it look pretty interesting.

Is that site (DDDHouse) a secure/good site to order from, in case I do wind up ordering this movie anyway?

-JR
Old 06-27-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zu: Warriors From The Magic Mountain, the original is many times better than the sequal Legend of Zu. It is still however a decent and entertaining flick.
Old 06-27-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by juicerocket
Is that site (DDDHouse) a secure/good site to order from, in case I do wind up ordering this movie anyway?
Yeah, don't worry they're a good site to order from. I'd say that pretty much everyone here who imports movies has ordered from DDDHouse at least once. Just keep in mind that their prices are in HK$ (HK$7.8 = US$1, approximately). You can use XE.com to an exact conversion.
Old 06-27-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Legend of Zu has some neat special effects, but it seemed to underwhelm everyone who saw it. Perhaps we were all expecting something more. I still own it and I don't hate it... it's worth watching I suppose, but there are many other films that are better.

DDDHouse is a great site to order from.
Old 06-27-04, 10:20 PM

Thanks Trigger.

I'm going to buy the dvd anyway, but I'm wondering how this movie compares to, say, Stormriders? After hearing so much good about that movie, I was extremely dissappointed. Would it be fairly safe to say Legend of Zu is a combo of Stormriders+Hero?

-JR
Old 06-27-04, 11:00 PM

Legend of Zu is just like Storm Riders. There isn't a shot in the movie without some sort of CGI in it. It's basically Storm Riders with more CG. Storm Riders has a better story and better characters, though. (Tsui Hark has never been too obsessed with logic...)
Old 06-28-04, 12:28 AM

Ooofff...that's a shame. Storm Riders was close to unwatchable for me. The characters were boring (how many brooding looks without saying anything can a movie have) and the CG so overblown (IMO) that it made the choreography below it irrelevant.

Oh well...I'd already ordered the DVD before I read your post, I'll do my best to view it without judging it before I see it.

-JR
Old 06-28-04, 02:20 AM

it's in dddhouses weekly cheap sale $25 HKD = $3.20 USD!
so how much is shipping?
Old 06-28-04, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

order a few others to make it worth your while.