International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Nicheflix Queue

Old 06-19-04, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicheflix Queue

What does your queue presently look like?
Old 06-19-04, 03:27 PM

Well I don't have nicheflix but with 109 movies in my netflix queue and 66 in my ehit queue, I think that's a little too much to list.

How is nicheflix in comparison with other rental services? As far as price, speed of shipping, DVD quality, etc.
Old 06-19-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nicheflix has been great, ive been using for about two months or so. I get 3 dvds at a time for $24.95, shipping takes 2-3 days each way. I havent had any problems, no damaged ones or anything.

To the Queue Q, i've currently got DTS titles (Terminator 3, Lake Placid, Transporter, the Hunted, etc) and superbits (Glory, Bone Collector). Also have some other cool stuff like Straw Dogs criterion, Prozac Nation, Hitcher SE in my queue.
Old 06-22-04, 02:15 AM

my Nicheflix queue shows "unavailable" or "available shortly" on over 2/3 of my 30 some titles. Which means if you join to get certain titles, you may be in for a VERY long wait. If you're patient, and don't mind what they send you when, they are pretty much the only game in town. I'll probably stick with it, but grumble to them often to buy some more copies of their offerings, for god's sake!
Old 06-28-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll join as soon as they hurry up and get Fifth Element SE.

That would be really lame to join and then not get anything during the trial period b/c everything is unavailable though.
Old 06-28-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Frankly, the wait doesn't work for me. I don't like paying $25 a month to have the luxury of waiting for movies I want to see.

The Fifth Element SE was available at cd-wow for $12 shipped, but unfortunately, the price recently went up...
Old 06-29-04, 10:41 PM

I have about 108 in my queue and about half is "Available Shortly". I have an 8-at-a-time so this will take about 3 months to clear if nothing else is added there.

I really don't mind with not knowing what titles I'm going to get since I want to see all the movies in the queue. Sure, sometimes there are some that I want to see more than the others, but for some reason, I usually don't have to wait too long to get them.
Old 06-29-04, 10:44 PM

Whats the "Group Movies" option for?
Old 06-30-04, 09:59 AM

What bothers me is that certain key titles in my queue NEVER change from "available shortly" -- they either need to buy more copies or come up with better distinctions for the wait periods (like "not a chance in hell on this one, dude!")

Last edited by unclehulot; 06-30-04 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-30-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by DrGerbil
Frankly, the wait doesn't work for me. I don't like paying $25 a month to have the luxury of waiting for movies I want to see.

The Fifth Element SE was available at cd-wow for $12 shipped, but unfortunately, the price recently went up...
I have used Niche to only view films that I already own (about 90%) so I could compare different versions (mostly the European selection) of the same film.

Pro-B
Old 06-30-04, 12:13 PM

Whats the "Group Movies" option for?
To insure you get discs in a certain order. Great for TV shows or those 'extras' discs.

come up with better distinctions for the wait periods
We've been trying but it's proving extremely difficult. Need to find someone with a masters in Stats to work it out for us.