Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Which version of Dogville should I buy??

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-15-04, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confusion reigns!!!

I want to get the Danish version of Dogville, but with the R! version being released in August I did a search to compare them.

Some versions have the great extras, but are 7 - 9 minues less than versions without the extras.

That is a no brainer, I get the one with the great extras - the Danish version.

BUT, I cannot find any information on the R! edition. I really want to compare and get the better version.

Can anyone help??

thanks in advance

Old 06-15-04, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How could anyone help you when the R1 version has not been even sent for reviews yet. Even if someone confirms the nature of the extras that might influence your decision in a way the big question remains- "what is the transfer like". Therefore, your request for help seems a bit out of context since what you demand is the best version and until someone reviews the two discs you are leaning towards- The Danish and upcoming R1- and indeed compares every single bit of extra material plus audio vidieo qualities no one will know for sure. Until then all you would hear would be simply assumptions....

Your request is simply not logical....you are asking people to determine a current release with an upcoming release which is not even on the market yet.....There really are plenty of Dogville-threads where you could find what the best CURRENT version is.....

Pro-B