Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

R4 'Day of the Triffids' 1981 mini

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-01-04, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the upcoming releases list at michaeldvd.com.au this brilliant mini series is scheduled for retail release in R4 the week commencing June 7. There is no sign of an R2 release for this UK/Australia co-production, and I have heard that one of the reaons it has never appeared on DVD is due to legal red tape regarding chain of copyright. It may be possible that someone has secured rights for an Australian release only.

Hopefully the information is accurate, as I know this title is much anticipated by people who have seen it broadcast. Certainly if it DOES come out, I will be picking it up pronto!
Old 06-02-04, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
The big question is WHERE can it be ordered from. If it is due for release next week it should be up for preorder somewhere.

Old 06-02-04, 09:13 AM

Most likely, this is just another re-release of the 1960s Howard Keel film and NOT the TV mini-series.

A couple of years ago, people got excited when they heard that the BBC was releasing "Day of the Triffids" on DVD, assuming it would be the mini and, in fact, it just turned out to be the lousy stinking film.

I'll believe the mini is really on DVD when I actually hear from someone who has bought it!
Old 06-02-04, 10:00 AM

I really wish this one would come out. I would actually buy a region free player to watch it.
Austin
Old 06-02-04, 08:15 PM

mythmaker, sadly, that is my assumption as well. I will be finding out for sure as soon as I can, and if it does turn out to be the 81 version will be buying pronto and letting you know.
Old 06-03-04, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like it might be a re-issue of the movie.....

New release

http://www.atlanticdvd.com.au/index_...d=3309~content

Original release

http://www.atlanticdvd.com.au/index_...d=3309~content

Has a June 4th release date but sez unavailable.