Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

just ordered a Momitsu DVI DVD player

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, after trying to watch the new Wonderful Days R3 on my sampo, and going thru the video stutter and freezes, i broke down and ordered the Momitsu DVD player. the sampo has problems w/ several of my dvds so it's been getting on my nerves.

here's the hkflix link (i went thru the dvdtalk link so i hope it is properly linkified):
http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/as...qx/details.htm

here are 2 reviews on it:
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/video...pressions.html
https://www2.setssl.com/~hivizone/dv...tsu_review.htm

here's another place you can get it from. it has caveats regarding some pioneer stuff as well as on the firmware:
http://www.extremephono.com/momitsu_dvd_v880.htm

hopefully, it will arrive by the end of the week and i can put it thru the paces. i got the DVI cable as well.

actually, i was really debating whether i should get a non-region free DVI player or just get the jaton... then today, i see this model on hkflix's site. whoo hoo!

--
edit:
as w/ pretty much all region free dvd players, it isn't perfect. looks like a few people have even gone as far to change the tray from a liteon player.

Last edited by young; 05-17-04 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-19-04, 01:34 AM

I use to own a Bravo D1 DVI Player, but it had too many problems. I bought the Momitsu V880 in January this year and am very very happy with performance & reliability. I mostly play international dvds over DVI with stunning picture. No stuttering with latest firmware.
Old 06-19-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm really on the fence about getting this player. Is there really a significant difference in PQ when using the DVI over the component imput?
Old 08-11-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of the sites listed show an 880N with what looks to be network capabilities... very interesting... if the pq, zoom, and other stuff are great I would buy one myself.
Old 08-11-04, 12:25 PM

The pic through DVI is much better especially if you have a projector with a big screen . Then you can really see a difference. I have a 160" screen Dalite Model C manual pull-down ($700) and a Benq 8700+ projector ($3800) and its better than in the theatres. I just put the whole setup in my living room and pull up the screen during the day to restore it to a normal living room .

I had a momitsu last year and the picture was colorless for some reason. I then bought a Samsung DVI player and the picture was razor sharp & full of color. So I kept the Samsung. But I really want to watch my region 2 dvds but I just have bad memories of the momitsu. Maybe , I had a bad setup then with another projector and they did not fit. Or maybe just a bad unit. But DVI is noticeably better picture wise. You will want to re-watch all your movies.