Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Spanish seller that doesn't use courer? Q about dvdgo.com

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-04, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After finding several things to buy at the dvdgo.com site I was disappointed to see they only ship via courier which sucks because I have to pay import fees and customs brokers.

Can anyone recommend a seller that will just ship without a courier? I'm looking for Stone's Comandante and Short Cuts.

Also, am I just misunderstanding DVDgo? Do they really mean they ship by ems/delivery confrimation or do they really mean courier? (I'm in Canada.)

Thanks!
Old 05-17-04, 09:58 AM
Cool New Member

Yes, they only use courier shipping via a Spanish company called Seur (I think they will have some kind of agreement vith UPS, DHL or similar).

There are many other Spanish shops that use Spanish post, but they don't have English interface:

http://www.veoveo.es

http://www.fnac.es

(both are reliable but take quite long to ship if they don't have stock)

http://cine.elcorteingles.es/

(uses courier and it may take up to a couple of months to arrive... inside Spain!!!)
Old 05-17-04, 12:01 PM

Location: on the warhead of a Topol-M ready for a long journey
Frankie!

have you already bought "Cid la leyenda"???
Old 05-17-04, 12:09 PM

frankieDVD, thanks so much. I think veoveo will do nicely and they're cheaper than dvdgo as well.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-04, 05:44 PM

Before placing an order you should know that the spanish version of Short Cuts is not very good. Check out the new french version: http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...225152-1308242
Old 05-17-04, 09:30 PM

Thanks ilan! Wasn't aware of that.

I swear, I don't know how you folks keep up with all this stuff.
Old 05-20-04, 12:21 AM

Frankie, I'm having a terrible time ordering through veoveo. They won't accept any of my credit cards (presumably they have more or less numbers in their cards than we have in Canada). Any chance you'd be willing to buy me some DVDs from your spanish seller of choice and I could paypal you for them? I've no problem with you making a profit to make it worth your while.

Please email me at dvdtalk AT artandtrash.com.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-04, 08:01 AM
Cool New Member

Hi mensachicken, it seems very strange. I have not bought from them for a while, but they used a bank for the payment with credit card.

In Spain, credit cards are like those in Canada or anywhere else, but is yours a Visa or MasterCard? Probably only these ones are accepted.

I suggest you writing them to [email protected] as they usually answer in 24-48 hours (at least when you use Spanish, don't know when writing in English).

Also, I don't know how it would work if I make the payment and ask it to be sent to you, keep in mind that when buying from overseas they deduct Spanish tax which is 16% of the price, so you would probably lose this interesting "discount" if I buy the DVDs for you.

If you have problems with Spanish language, do not hesitate to ask
Old 05-20-04, 10:39 AM

Frankie,

thanks. Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. I tried visa and mastercard and neither one worked. (They've both got plenty of room for the charge.) I had a similar problem when I tried to order from Korea but the korean web masters mailed me in english and we straightened it out.

anyway, I've found someone who will do the above for me (though they're charging me a hefty price) so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

mc
Old 05-20-04, 01:14 PM
Cool New Member

Ok mensachicken, but why don't you try other sellers?

I'll give you other reliable Spanish shops (but not as fast as DVDGo), that ship to North America:

http://www.discoweb.com (to search for DVDs you must before get in the "PELÍCULAS DVD-VHS" area and then do the search)

http://www.ofertadvd.com

Both are own by the same company but offer different prices.

Shipping is the same for both: 12,49 € for 1-4 DVDs to America (it seems not very expensive if you buy 3 or 4 films).
Old 05-20-04, 01:22 PM

Frankie, the main reason I don't try others is because it takes me so long to figure it out. With veoveo it took me about an hour and a half going back and forth between babelfish.com and veoveo to figure out what they're asking for and how much I can fit in for the same shipping amount, etc. I do all that and then at the last step it tells me my credit card numbers aren't valid.

I am now looking at discoweb. Thanks for the suggestion. (It's much cheaper than the other person was gonna charge me.) They're not shipping by courier, right?

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 05-20-04, 01:26 PM

nevermind. found the answer on the site.
Old 05-20-04, 01:40 PM

Okay, thanks. discoweb worked great and was easy to understand! Also, they had a message on their site that says they do not take international credit cards for purchases of more than 100. Perhaps that was the prob with the other place and they just didn't specify it.

Thanks, Frankie!

Oh, I have one more question: is there a ebay in spain? I went to ebay.es and it's a different company.

Last edited by mensachicken; 05-20-04 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-20-04, 04:50 PM
Cool New Member

I didn't know about that rule for orders over 100 €, but that maybe the reason.

If you have any problem with Spanish, don't worry to ask

About eBay, the url is http://www.es.ebay.com but normally prices are quite high

Feel free to ask whatever you need.
Old 11-18-04, 09:50 AM

This is the first time I am ordering from DVDGO again after a year or so and I just received an e-mail asking me to fax them a credit card authorization. Is this normal? I have ordered from them twice in the past and I never had to send them this authorization form. Has anybody else done this recently?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-04, 12:48 PM

Short Cuts - Criterion Collection is available at DeepDiscountDvd.com for $23.00 during the 20% off sale...