Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Morvern Callar-Region 4

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Morvern Callar-Region 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morvern Callar-Region 4

The Aussies are going to release Morvern Callar and though this film has been available in R1 for awhile (and even longer in R2) I thought I'd post the link to the cover...I love the way it looks. They have used one of the promotional posters for it and I might as well just pick it up 9because of that). This was actually the one poster I loved the most not the red face R2 has......

I gave my R1 copy to my brother and would not mind picking this one up yet again if it comes with subs as the R2 did. Some of those Scottish accents were pretty heavy heh...Also there are some extras as well....

"The disc comes with a behind the scenes featurette and interviews with the cast, director and writer. We'll bring you any more details as they come to hand, but be sure to check this one out when it hits rental shelves on May 12, 2004."

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...3817&n=1&burl=

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-24-04 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-24-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this in theaters... One of 2002's best.
Old 04-24-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

..and I know that you own the R2 version....

Pro-B
Old 04-25-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally got around to watching this about two weeks ago (I have a stack that reaches back to almost a year), I wasn't disappointed with it and yet didn't find myself equally lauding it like everyone else did...I'm ambivalent about it...I think its a terrific follow-up to ratcatcher, so its not like my expectations dictated my attitude...strange, dreamy film indeed...have to admit somedays I feel just like her boyfriend.
Old 04-25-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds good.

The R2 was a barebone with bad poor image. The R1 has no subtitles for those whos has problems with the dialect.

Interesting to see if the R4 are going to be the best release yet.
Old 04-25-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Dane
Sounds good.

The R2 was a barebone with bad poor image. The R1 has no subtitles for those whos has problems with the dialect.

Interesting to see if the R4 are going to be the best release yet.
I cant say I really had a problem with the dialect but I have to admit that at times it was rather difficult to comprehend what the main character was mumbling...that mixed with the Scottish accents in my view necessitates subs.

On a side note when I first saw the film it really reminded me about another film (which is yet to be released on DVD) Jeff Stanzler's Jumping at the Boneyard. Of course the premise was quite abit different but the overall feeling I got was pretty much the same. Not an exceptional film but nevertheless interesting!!

Pro-B
Old 04-25-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Morvern Callar-Region 4

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
I gave my R1 copy to my brother and would not mind picking this one up yet again if it comes with subs as the R2 did.
Pro-B
I have an R1 copy for trade.
Old 04-25-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Indy....I gave my copy to my brother because I would have loved to have subs....and perhaps a few extras. Maybe the R4 will be the one to get....so I am not interested in the R1.

I need to hear some reviews first though....

Pro-B