Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Argento and Bava Disc - Best Versions?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-04, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have searched the archives and from what I found, there is no information concerning which current or previously released version is the best for the films of Dario Argento and Mario Bava. I just got my Malata 520 back in December, so I am scouring the world for other region discs in an effort to get the best possible release of various titles, including those by these directors. Now I know some information. I just picked up the OOP German SE of Blutige Seide (Blood and Black Lace) from xploited cinema. I would like to get Argento's Sleepless, but am unsure between the UK disc and the Italian Medusa disc. I am leaning towards the Medusa disc due to the Italian track and English subtitles. I am also interested in The Bird with the Crystal Plummage. I believe that the Medusa disc of this has the Italian with English subs (removable electronic?), but the English version has forces you to choose subs. In this version, can they be defeated? As far as Opera, I am looking at the UK Night at the Opera disc which I believe is from Arrow. How is it? Tenebrae is the disc I can figure out the least. I know that many versions have something like 15 seconds of missing footage due to print damage, but the Raptor edition claims to be uncut, though is non-anamorphic. Is this the best edition, extras not apply since they have no subtitles anyway. Also, can anyone tell me what region the OOP Lucertola Media release of Bava's "Rabid Dogs" was in? Finally, in addition to this, I am interested in the Medusa release of "Dellamorte, Dellamorte". I have never seen the movie and know it is more Dark Humor than Horror from my understanding, but since I enjoy some Italian horror, do you think I might like this movie? Is this disc the best version, or only version? Anyway, if anyone answers these questions and the best version is R1, please let me know. Other titles I am anxious to know about are Bava's Lisa and the Devil and Argento's Profundo Rosso and Inferno. Thanks.
Old 04-10-04, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually the master VCI used for BABL was supplied by the SBS Television network in Australia.