Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where can I find a place online to get the JU-ON movies?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 392 Likes on 325 Posts

just wondering if there was a place online to get all the legit versions of the movie. I keep seeing bootlegs and what not on ebay and such. Also how many movies are in this series, 3? 4?

thanks!
Old 04-05-04, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Where can I find a place online to get the JU-ON movies?

Originally posted by asianxcore
just wondering if there was a place online to get all the legit versions of the movie. I keep seeing bootlegs and what not on ebay and such. Also how many movies are in this series, 3? 4?

thanks!
As of right now, I think there four movies out in the series. It all started with the 2 made-for-TV movies, Ju-On 1 and Ju-On 2. After the success of the TV series came the theatrical releases, Ju-On: The Grudge and Ju-On: The Grudge 2. Also, there is a American remake of Ju-on coming this fall starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, which will make 5. Click here for American remake news.

Go here for Ju-on: The Grudge 1 and 2. (Part 2 is on the home page)

For the 2 made-for-TV series, go here, but I have to warn you, the set is a bit pricey and it does not come with english subtitles. If you want a legit release with english subtitles, you are out of luck cause I don't think there is one.

Last edited by Master Killer; 04-05-04 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-05-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

is that DTS "All Region" copy of Ju-On: The Grudge they have on their site (dvdasian.com) legit?
Old 04-05-04, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

is that DTS "All Region" copy of Ju-On: The Grudge they have on their site (dvdasian.com) legit?
Yes that is the Thai release of Ju-on. I don't know how the quality of the disc is though. I don't think DVDAsian handles any bootlegs. I have bought some things from them before and they are a great company to deal with.
Old 04-06-04, 12:17 AM

If price is factor in you choosing a DVD, you may want to get the R3HK version of Ju-On: The Grudge for about $15 give or take a couple of dollars, this is the version I have I'm not an audio/visual freak, but I was happy with the picture and audio quality, as well as the subtitles. If money is no object to you, I suggest you go with the R3K DVD, cause Korean DVDs usually are high in audio/visual and packaging quality, and more that adequate in the subtitles department.
Old 04-06-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Master Killer
If price is factor in you choosing a DVD, you may want to get the R3HK version of Ju-On: The Grudge for about $15 give or take a couple of dollars, this is the version I have I'm not an audio/visual freak, but I was happy with the picture and audio quality, as well as the subtitles. If money is no object to you, I suggest you go with the R3K DVD, cause Korean DVDs usually are high in audio/visual and packaging quality, and more that adequate in the subtitles department.
do the extras on that R3 2 disc set have english subtitles?
Old 04-06-04, 12:40 AM

do the extras on that R3 2 disc set have english subtitles?
Sorry, they don't. Its usually like that with Korean 2nd disc special features.
Old 04-06-04, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
http://us.yesasia.com/en/SrAllDept.a...did=0&str=juon

Juon 2 the grudge is relatively new, so I expect the HK release should come in the next few months. I'm still waiting for a subbed korean release of the first two made for tv movies.
Old 04-06-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They have a new pack today of Juon 1 and 2 but no English Subs in Tokyo