Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Blake's 7 Layer Change problem!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-11-04, 05:10 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey folks -

It would seem that there is a problem with the Blake's 7 set released just a week ago that I thought I'd pass along. On a great number of players, it seems that the B7 discs freeze, skip or lock up. Not all of them mind you, but quite a few.

(I would be one of the unlucky ones - my Malata DVP-520 skips at the layer change.)

Anyway, here's the thread I found out about the problem:

http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/phpBB2/vie...er=asc&start=0

If you want to email the BBC themeselves about the matter - send it here: [email protected]

***EDIT***

The BBC responds to e-mail:

Thank you for contacting us. So far, unfortunately, we have experienced a freezing or skipping half-way through mid episodes on certain discs in the Blake's Seven Series 1 collection. This problem shows on certain entry level DVD players. If you have a PC or Mac using a DVD-ROM, simply updating to a new version of the software you use to play DVDs should solve the problem.

We have found that if you experience freezing, using the fast forward button on your handset can free up the player and then using rewind to return to the point after which the freezing occurs.

At the moment we are not certain of the extent of the problem and are not yet able to confirm if a new issue of Blake's Seven Series 1 will be made.

It may be worth contacting the manufacturer of your DVD player to see if they have a software or firmware update which can be applied to your player.
And Play responds to an E-Mail:

Thank you for your email.

Sorry it has been a long time replying, we have been looking into the 'Blake 7' situation. Unfortunately we can not guarantee that we will be receiving more stock of this item. The manufacturers are having quite a few problems with this title. The best thing to do is return the DVD back for a refund. Please see previous emails below for returns information.

We are sorry we can not help further. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter, and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards

Play

Last edited by El-Kabong; 03-11-04 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-11-04, 10:29 AM

I might have had this with my Malata N996; during the second episode on disc one, I got a momentary blip in playback with the "Disk Error Minor - Clean Me" message; it would have been about the right spot for a layer change.
Old 04-16-04, 01:46 AM
Suspended

Hey guys - an update for you all!

Amazon sayth:

Dear Customer

Regarding your order for "Blake's 7 - Series 1", I wanted to give you an update on the status of this title.

We have contacted the studio, and they have informed us that the re-release date of this title has been delayed. They now expect this dvd will be released on the 17th of May, 2004, however please know this may be subject to further delays.

We will keep this title on order for you unless you prefer to cancel. As soon as we are able to obtain copies, we will dispatch your order to you. We will also do our best to keep you informed of any new developments as soon as we hear of them.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Unfortunately, release dates are often subject to change with very little notice from studios. If you prefer to cancel your order you may do so using the "Your Account" link on our homepage.

Thanks for your patience, and we look forward to hearing from you if we may be of any assistance.
Old 04-16-04, 08:51 AM

they have informed us that the re-release date of this title has been delayed
The perpetual Blake's 7 delay! I can't think of another series that has been delayed more than this one. I can get alone with the freeze since I can get past it. I just want to know if and when the rest of the series is being released. I have a feeling I'll see another tax day before the second set is even announced (fortunately, I have the complete set on VHS - the only recorded VHS I own - to tide me over).