Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

24 7 Loaded (Jersey)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

24 7 Loaded (Jersey)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 7 Loaded (Jersey)

does anybody have experience with that jersey-based r2-retailer ?

I'd like to know how the label their packages (do they declare full price?) and from where they ship (Jersey only ?)
how's the customer service ?

thanks
Old 01-01-04, 05:22 AM

If you're talking about play247.com, yes I've bought DVDs from them.
They declare the full price on the package and they only ship from Jersey as far as I know.
Their customer service is very good. If you don't receive your order they will replace it or refund your money.
If you're worried about Customs then the best way is to order every DVD individually as they have free shipping anyway.
Just be careful when you order 18 years and over films (FSK 18) because the Customs (Zoll) are vigilant.
Old 01-02-04, 07:07 AM

no I meant the R2-branch of future entertainment named http://www.loaded247.co.uk/ . I know play and its problems you pointed out very well therefore it would be interesting to know how it works with this retailer.
Old 01-03-04, 04:43 PM

i set up an account wiv them....but i aint ordered nothing yet coz i find cheaper prices at Play.com either R1 or R2 lol but if/when i do ill let ya know
Old 01-05-04, 11:32 AM

I've used the service quite a lot. Both R1 and R2 packages are identical:

"If undelivered please return to:
PO BOX 317
Sittingbourne
ME10 4LE"

"Royal Mail
Postage Paid
Great Britain
Maidstone 561"

And of course the delivery address. The value of the package is not stated anywhere. Even though I understand R1 discs come from the States, the packaging makes it seem like it's coming from England. Living in Finland, I don't have to worry about customs like with Play.com.

The customer service has been good. They reply very quickly (even on weekends). Once I wanted to cancel an order (The Ben Stiller Show which got delayed for months), and they returned the money immediately. Recently the DVD was finally published, though a few days sooner than expected, so I didn't have the money on my account just yet when they tried to charge me. They asked to contact them with new credit card information. I explained the situation and asked them to charge me again in a couple of days. They said no problem and thanked for the reply.

The delivery is also usually very quick, the fastest delivery time has been two days.

So, I would recommend it.

Last edited by Smiley; 01-05-04 at 11:42 AM.