Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Twins Effect --- dvd problems

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Twins Effect --- dvd problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-03, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got my copy frm. CDwow yesterday - both discs were loose in the case - & watched it this morning w/ no problems (CH500). That boiling thing's a joke, right?
Old 10-06-03, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up the The Twins Effect [Limited Bronze Revival Edition 2-Disc Set] today.

Hopefully will get a chance to watch it tonight & I'll post if it has the deffects. Looking foward to seeing the movie.
Old 10-06-03, 10:55 PM

The boiling thing, well I didn't boil my DVD but I ran it under hot water and then made sure I firmly wiped of the debris on the disc with a soft cloth (similar to a undershirt) and it played fine. I think that there was left over debris from burning the disc somewhat engrained into the dimples/grooves of the DVD.

That probably disrupted the laser from reading the DVD correctly, especially for the second layer of the disc. Once I wiped it down, it worked flawlessly on my Malata N996 and my toshiba laptop.

As for the movie, I really enjoyed it, the Twins are so cute!!! Seriously though, it was a fun brainless film. Highly recommended film, fun for the whole family.
Old 10-07-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, watched it last night on my Sony DVD player & did not have any problem at all with it.

A brief movie/DVD review.

Very cool packagin on the LE box set. I'm a sucker for any type of DVD package shaped like something that has to do with the movie, & the very heavy Bat emblem on the box is very cool. As is the inside, a mini sword like the type used in the movie & 4 pretty cool looking cards.

As for the movie. The picture looked good to me, the DTS track was kicking & the movie was pretty enjoyable. The fights were nothing great, but they weren't bad either. The camera zoomed in too much & the the cuts & editing were too heavy, very much like an Amercian movie. But I dug the cast, the chick that played Gypsy is extremely cute. And the Jackie cameo (which is pretty big) was enjoyable. The ending was a let down though. The movie at the least is worth checking out & if you like it the 2-disc LE box set is a must have.
Old 10-08-03, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Sinister Ash
The boiling thing, well I didn't boil my DVD but I ran it under hot water and then made sure I firmly wiped of the debris on the disc with a soft cloth (similar to a undershirt) and it played fine. I think that there was left over debris from burning the disc somewhat engrained into the dimples/grooves of the DVD...

Ahhh... okay. i'd still be a little worried w/ the hot water damaging/blistering the printed side of the disc. Warm, soapy water should suffice. As for the movie, i thought it was a fun ride, but it kind of petered out at the end.
Old 10-15-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
My replacement from CDwow arrived and played fine with no errors.

Now, I just need to find the cheapest way to send them the defective item.

Cdwow will credit he postage paid to a future order of mine. (basically forces me to buy something else...not too bad)

Any suggestions?

p.s....my location is the US
Old 10-15-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i bought the 2-disc Silver Edition from a HK power seller on ebay, and the disc does not even load up at all on the two players i have (apex, cyberhome). i sent the seller an email, and she acknowledged that there was a problem with disc 1, as others have complained about various playback problems, including herself. of course, the errors reported happened after she sent the set to me. she asked that i send back only disc 1, and she'd get a pre-tested replacement from the supplier directly. so my suggestion is to get it swapped if you can. if the set costs that much, it's worth the hassle.

Last edited by darmok; 10-15-03 at 10:06 AM.