Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dust Devil Uncut version Region 2 DVD!!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 08-23-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 177 Posts

Just got around to finally watching this DVD... I have waited years to finally see Richard Stanley's uncut version of this... Not sure of the exact runtime with the pal conversion, the DVD runs about 102 min or so...

The DVD was released by Laser Paradise and the quality varies... overall picture quality could have been better but it varies of very good to OK I would give it a 2.75 out of 4 overall.

The sound is in DD 5.1 or DD 2.0 and that veries also... at some points the dialoque was very hard to hear others it is fine. Some pretty good surround use though. 2.5 out of 4 for that.

Content wise it has been many years since I saw the cut version on VHS so what was exactly I may be a little off on, but here goes...

For sure there was a lot more character development of the policeman that was chasing him...

Also more character development of the Chelsea Field and her husband also.

More gore in certain spots where there was some, for sure the ending....

I am sure there are more things added also but am not exactly sure. It felt like more of a complete film this time and I enjoyed it a lot more this time also... After the first time viewing (VHS) it just seemed like something was missing, not this time!

There is also about an 18 minute Doc and the trailer for the film on the DVD.

The back of the DVD cover says 87 minutes but that is not correct as the runtime is over 102 minutes in Pal.

Widescreen but not Amamorphic....

Overall I enjoyed it very much and am glad this finally made it to DVD in the uncut version.

I got it at http://www.diabolikdvd.com/ but they must be sold out because it is no longer listed on the site. $22.99 + shipping.
Old 08-23-03, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This it:
http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/Default.asp?idlnk=1972
Old 08-23-03, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally posted by mrwilson
This it:
http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/Default.asp?idlnk=1972
Yes the cover I have is exactly like that.... same Laser Paradise logo in the corner. Like I said the back has 87 minutes like they have listed there but it runs about 102+ minutes....