Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dvdoo.dk Shipping Question to US...Help!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 08-19-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered from these guys multiple times in the past. In each case, shipping was free to the US and the discs were dirt cheap. I went to buy something the other day and the shipping charge came out to 149 KR. I e-mailed them to ask them about the shipping and this is the response I received:

The shipping charges are:
149.- kroner pr. order and another 10.- kroner pr. item on the order.

So, just so I can be sure, the party is over, right? That equals about $15 US for shipping if my guestimate is correct. Can anyone who has ordered from them recently confirm this change as well? At this price, nothing on the site is a bargain anymore. Just curious...thanks!
Old 08-20-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Yep, it's over. Shipping within Denmark isn't free anymore either.
I have stopped buying from them altogether. With the new shipping charges they are no cheaper than the very expensive off-line stores.

Too bad really :-(
Old 08-20-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gunde
Yep, it's over. Shipping within Denmark isn't free anymore either.
I have stopped buying from them altogether. With the new shipping charges they are no cheaper than the very expensive off-line stores.

Too bad really :-(
Thanks Gunde, this is very sad news. I guess I can't blame them for adding shipping $, but 159 KR is a bit ridiculous...
Old 08-21-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally posted by boc4ever
Thanks Gunde, this is very sad news. I guess I can't blame them for adding shipping $, but 159 KR is a bit ridiculous...
Absolutely! That's just insane
Old 08-21-03, 11:05 AM

No different than what Amazon charges. I'm sure they're sending it registered which ups the price considerably.

At least they ship to the US. I was pretty upset when play.com stopped.
Old 08-21-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mrwilson
No different than what Amazon charges. I'm sure they're sending it registered which ups the price considerably.

At least they ship to the US. I was pretty upset when play.com stopped.
I am not sure what you mean. Have you ordered from them in the past?

I've ordered from them several times, and have never had to sign for the disc. It arrived the same way as discs I have ordered from Japan, the UK, and Belgium.

If you are referring to Amazon in Germany or France, I have never ordered from them, so I couldn't comment. But even Bensonsworld in the UK only charges $3.00 now and I get the discs in about a week. For $15, I would expect it to arrive in a matter of days.

By comparison, http://www.cd-wow.net ships FREE and I once got a cd in two days from Japan. That is why I am not sure why the shipping prices are so hefty now from DVDOO.
Old 08-21-03, 09:42 PM

Even Bensons World used to be free but aren't now. In fact they don't refund VAT and use that to subsidize shipping. I usually pay between $15-$20 for shipping from Korea and Japan. I was just saying its not unusual but I agree I'd like to pay less. Cd-Wow is great but their selection leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 08-21-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mrwilson
Even Bensons World used to be free but aren't now. In fact they don't refund VAT and use that to subsidize shipping. I usually pay between $15-$20 for shipping from Korea and Japan. I was just saying its not unusual but I agree I'd like to pay less. Cd-Wow is great but their selection leaves a lot to be desired.
You are right about CD-Wow's selection but when they come through, they are terrific. I can't imagine paying that kind of shipping from Japan or Korea. If my wife caught me paying that kind of dough for shipping, she'd smash the DVD player over my head. Ok, I am exaggerating, but that seems like a lot to me. If you don't mind me asking, what discs do you order from Japan or Korea directly that you can't get stateside from a domestic seller? Have you ever used http://www.yesasia.com ? They stock some of the Japanese releases at fair prices and reasonable shipping from CA. It seems like that was the place to get the Ronin UE.
Old 08-21-03, 10:07 PM

Well $15 isn't much when the discs are $35-$60 each or $200+ for boxsets.

Give me another month and I'll have a list up. I find that US etailers usually only stock the more popular titles.