Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lars von trier's The Kingdom Danish DVD on August 1 !!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-03, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lars von trier's The Kingdom (Riget I & II) will finally be released on dvd from Denmark on August 1. What's a great news !

It's on 4 disc and most importantly with Eng (& European) subs. Unlike the UK and Taiwan releases, it is uncut and has the director monologue at the end of each episodes.

It seems there will be director, writer and editor's commentary (eng sub ?), docu make for Danish tv, commercials.

For the dvd front and back covers see the below links (in Danish):

http://www.dahf.dk/cgi-bin/ultimateb...c&f=1&t=001402

From the picture you see "The Lars von trier Collection" title on the cover. This may be signs of more future von trier releases.
Old 07-05-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

cool...also at the bottom of the page was the release of Vinterberg's 'Its All About Love.'
Old 07-05-03, 12:04 PM
NMA

Yeah, that's cool but where to buy?
Old 07-05-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

dvdoo.com .....should be the obivious choice....they are located in Denmark.
Old 07-05-03, 06:20 PM

http://dvdoo.com/dvdoo/film.asp?Command=10765

how does one order on this site? sorry if that's a dumb question but i can't figure it out. is there an english version of this site?

thanks
Old 07-05-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

the site does not have English interface...but I find it very easy to navigate...not sure how to help you out.....
Old 07-05-03, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by no pants
http://dvdoo.com/dvdoo/film.asp?Command=10765

how does one order on this site? sorry if that's a dumb question but i can't figure it out. is there an english version of this site?

thanks
I have ordered from them a few times with good results. Here are a few tips:

KOB - adds item to cart
Til Kassen - cart

Click on the cart to bring up the account set up screen. I tried to re-register to figure it out for you, but it knew I was a return customer.

There is a user named Hendrik that was very helpful in this thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...o&pagenumber=1

If you e-mail him, maybe he'll help you out.

I have to laugh because ordering from this site confirmed I had a serious DVD problem. I had no idea what it said, but I just kept plugging in words until I got an order confirmation. Fortunately, the e-mail confirm was in English and the orders have all gone through without a hitch. Good luck!
Old 07-05-03, 11:30 PM

KOB - adds item to cart
Til Kassen - cart

thanks for the above, that helps greatly.
Old 07-05-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by no pants
KOB - adds item to cart
Til Kassen - cart

thanks for the above, that helps greatly.
No problem...the other thing I should mention is that Tilbud evidently means sale and they have some really good deals. For example, Caligula is only 29K which I believe comes out to less than $5 shipped.
Old 07-06-03, 12:10 AM

one other question cause all this danish stuff is new to me.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

so on the currency calculator DKK Denmark Kroner is the right choice for kr. ?
Old 07-06-03, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts
The only version of Kingdom(Riget) I see up for sale at dvdoo.dk is the R2 import. Am I missing something or do they just not have it up for preorder yet?

And no pants, the Denmark Kroner is the correct currency. You've got it right.
Old 07-06-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

no pants:

Are you going to order ALL ABOUT LOVE?

I am also looking forward to this one....
Old 07-06-03, 01:15 PM

Dumb question. But is it pretty much official that the remaining 1/3 of The Kingdom series will never be made?
Old 07-06-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
no pants:

Are you going to order ALL ABOUT LOVE?

I am also looking forward to this one....
I know I definetly will be in the next few days.
Old 07-07-03, 09:57 AM

Great NEws.... !
Old 07-07-03, 05:17 PM

The Japanese laser disc box sets of The Kingdom were widescreen - I'm not certain what the aspect ratio is. This site lists the aspect ratio at 4:3. Anyone know what is correct (IMDB says 4:3)? (maybe the Japanese got it wrong).

Last edited by BigT; 07-07-03 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-07-03, 05:32 PM

Ok - there is no "KOB" box next to "Riget 1 + 2" (Nej). I assume that means it can't be ordered at this time, or am I missing something?
Old 07-07-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BigT
Ok - there is no "KOB" box next to "Riget 1 + 2" (Nej). I assume that means it can't be ordered at this time, or am I missing something?
BigT,

I think that is the original version. The "Special Edition" isn't listed yet as far as I know. So it was probably a stroke of luck you didn't order...
Old 07-08-03, 02:53 AM

Lars von Trier shot the Riget series for TV. 4:3
Old 07-09-03, 01:36 AM

About danish DVD releases

Hi.

I am one of the DVD reviewers from the mentioned site www.dahf.dk and I am from Denmark, so if you have any questions about Riget or other danish released DVDs, dont hesitate til ask.

dvdoo.com is by far the biggest danish online DVD shop, and you shouldnt have any problems ordering from them. Their customer service is normally great. But here are some translated words:

Tilbud: special offers
Kommende Film: upcoming releases
Køb: put into cart (actually it just means buy)
Til kassen: View cart
Videre: next

But if there are other words, you dont recognize (I admit - its a "special" language), ask and I will translate.

But now to the sad part. The new 4-disc edition of Riget will contain english subtitles, but to start off it will only be available through one chain of danish supermarkets. That means no possibility of online purchase. This way of marketing is highly unusual, and it is the only title, I have ever seen marketed this way. Hopefully it will be available through "normal" channels later, but it is uncertan.

But It’s All About Love is available for normal purchase. The price for normal new releases in Denmark is 199 kr. which is about 30$. This is without shipment costs.

I hope this is helpfull for you all.

Last edited by Claus O.; 07-09-03 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-09-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: About danish DVD releases

Originally posted by Claus O.
Hi.

I am one of the DVD reviewers from the mentioned site www.dahf.dk and I am from Denmark, so if you have any questions about Riget or other danish released DVDs, dont hesitate til ask.

dvdoo.com is by far the biggest danish online DVD shop, and you shouldnt have any problems ordering from them. Their customer service is normally great. But here are some translated words:

Tilbud: special offers
Kommende Film: upcoming releases
K?ut into cart (actually it just means buy)
Til kassen: View cart
Videre: next

But if there are other words, you dont recognize (I admit - its a "special" language), ask and I will translate.

But now to the sad part. The new 4-disc edition of Riget will contain english subtitles, but to start off it will only be available through one chain of danish supermarkets. That means no possibility of online purchase. This way of marketing is highly unusual, and it is the only title, I have ever seen marketed this way. Hopefully it will be available through "normal" channels later, but it is uncertan.

But It?s All About Love is available for normal purchase. The price for normal new releases in Denmark is 199 kr. which is about 30$. This is without shipment costs.

I hope this is helpfull for you all.
Claus,

Thanks for the heads up and the offer to assist! Perhaps in your travels you will pick up a few extra copies at your local Danish supermarket and let the deprived Americans send you a money order?
Old 07-09-03, 12:15 PM

claus,

thanks for the helpful info
Old 07-09-03, 02:35 PM

I am sorry, but I will not be able to help you by buying mulitple copies of Riget/Kingdom and ship them to the States.

Let us hope, that the distributor of this great release will reconsider their weird decision and sell it through normal channels.
Old 07-09-03, 03:43 PM

Hi, my name is Ulrik and I’m the owner of DAHF.dk , where the pictures of the upcoming danish The Kingdom DVD were posted. Actually it was me who took those pictures Please let me know, if you have any questions about the release. I will be happy to answar them....if I can If you want to see screenshots I will post some.

I hope you would like to know that every single little piece of bonus material has optional english subtitles...from the two brilliant documentaries to all the short TV commercials directed by Lars Von Trier. That is the good news

The bad news is – as Claus also wrote – that it will be pretty hard to get a copy of The Kingdom as it will only be sold from a few chains of supermarkets here in Denmark The retailprice will be kr. 499 (approx. $76). In the month of august - and in august only – the price will be kr. 299 (approx. $45) for members of these supermarkets. It is a special price to celebrate the long awaited release (the above information is from the official press release).

I know this is very sad news for some of you, but I just want to say, that I will be happy to help in any way that I can. I wouldn’t mind shipping some copies to diehard fans of The Kingdom.....after all we share the same passion, don't we?
Old 07-09-03, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by DAHF

I know this is very sad news for some of you, but I just want to say, that I will be happy to help in any way that I can. I wouldn’t mind shipping some copies to diehard fans of The Kingdom.....after all we share the same passion, don't we?
Thanks for your offer.. as I live in New Zealand, I'm unlikely to make it to a supermarket in Denmark any time during August to buy a copy and I really, really want one.

If you're serious about your offer, let me know - and you might want to put some thought into matters like postage, payment and pre-ordering.

regards,

Hemulen
[email protected]

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.