Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lars von trier's The Kingdom Danish DVD on August 1 !!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Lars von trier's The Kingdom Danish DVD on August 1 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-04, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to bump this up, but I just placed an order for the Kingdom set through Laserdisken for 299kr/$52 US. Great price! The last time I used them (for Dogville), the items were well-packaged and arrived quite fast.
Old 01-12-04, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The Kingdom Set is available for $39.99 from Poker Industries:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker...KINGDOMSET-DVD

Edit: please read comment below from mrwilson before ordering.

Last edited by marty888; 01-12-04 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-12-04, 07:48 AM

The Kingdom Set is available for $39.99 from Poker Industries:
Thats the crappy old Tawain version thats been around a while.

The Laserdisken is the new set with commentaries, english subtitled. The PQ is way better too.
Old 01-12-04, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mrwilson
Thats the crappy old Tawain version thats been around a while.

The Laserdisken is the new set with commentaries, english subtitled. The PQ is way better too.
Ok - thanks for the info!
Old 01-12-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Cosmic Bus
Sorry to bump this up, but I just placed an order for the Kingdom set through Laserdisken for 299kr/$52 US. Great price! The last time I used them (for Dogville), the items were well-packaged and arrived quite fast.
This is the box set of both Kingdom I & II, correct? Please let us know how it looks and all when you get it.
Old 01-12-04, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Numanoid
This is the box set of both Kingdom I & II, correct? Please let us know how it looks and all when you get it.
Yes that is the set with both I and II. I picked this disk up from Diabolik awhile back I watched some of it and was very pleased with the quality. It is a very nice set. You have the option of viewing the menus in one of 4 languages (english being one of them) which is a very nice, but often overlooked, feature. Well worth the money IMO.

Unfortunately I paid more than Cosmic Bus did, I think I paid 75 + shipping IIRC.
Old 01-12-04, 01:50 PM

Plus the Scandanavian version includes English subtitles on the Commentary tracks.
Old 01-12-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As i mentioned earlier...great set!

Lars Von Trier seems to be 'flavour of the month' with regard my own personal purchases...not long since received the French edition of Dogville and today i received the Zentropa SE of Breaking The Waves which i'm eager to check out.
Old 01-12-04, 10:24 PM

Just how are the Taiwanese versions of RIGET II cut? Just curious. Thanks. Scott Connors
Old 01-13-04, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by RichDB10
Lars Von Trier seems to be 'flavour of the month' with regard my own personal purchases...not long since received the French edition of Dogville and today i received the Zentropa SE of Breaking The Waves which i'm eager to check out. [/B]
Heh, same here. After buying and loving Dogville, I've got Dancer in the Dark coming from Columbia House, the previously mentioned Kingdom set, and am strongly considering the 2-disc Breaking the Waves.
Old 01-13-04, 08:38 PM

Scott Connors, they look pretty bad.
Old 01-19-04, 10:52 AM

Thanks, CosmicBus, for bringing that great price to our attention!

I've ordered from Laserdisken, struggling my way through the site with only a Danish-English dictionary to help. The one online translation site I found did not work.

Funny thing is, the "By" part of the address seems to need City & State, but when you see your address late, they're not there. I have emailed them to check that my mailing address works. Anyone else have this experience? By tapping into the "Dogville" thread, I seem to have filled things in correctly.
Old 01-19-04, 11:47 AM

I've actually had a reply from laserdisken, telling me they've corrected my address - within an hour! Excellent service.
Old 01-29-04, 09:33 AM

I received my copy yesterday - from ordering to arrival was about 9 days. Started to watch last night, and am having a great time!

Just wanted to point out, that the case I got doesn't match Ulrik's pictures from earlier in this thread. The cover is identical, but the actual case is a design I've never seen before. Its about double amaray size, has two sets of clips inside to hold two "pages."

These pages are white, semi-opaque plastic, and have the shape of two discs, one above the other. a disc is on each side. Most unusual!
Old 01-29-04, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Bleddyn Williams
Just wanted to point out, that the case I got doesn't match Ulrik's pictures from earlier in this thread. The cover is identical, but the actual case is a design I've never seen before. Its about double amaray size, has two sets of clips inside to hold two "pages."

These pages are white, semi-opaque plastic, and have the shape of two discs, one above the other. a disc is on each side. Most unusual!
Mine looked exactly the same as the pics Ulrik had posted earlier. Can you take some pics of yours and post it? I am very curious to see this design.
Old 03-07-04, 11:28 AM

Hi fnordboy. I seem to have overlooked your post asking for Riget packaging pics. If you're still out there, I have taken some pics for you.

However, When I try to post them, I notice that according to forum rules i can post new threads, replies, and edit posts, but it says that I may not post attachements. Been looking around a bit, but am not sure how to do so!

Anybody able to supply a quick answer for me?
Old 03-07-04, 05:10 PM

Hi fnordboy. I seem to have overlooked your post asking for Riget packaging pics. If you're still out there, I have taken some pics for you.

However, When I try to post them, I notice that according to forum rules i can post new threads, replies, and edit posts, but it says that I may not post attachements. Been looking around a bit, but am not sure how to do so!

Anybody able to supply a quick answer for me?
You have to post them on a web server and link to them in your post by using:

{img}URL where the image is located{/img} (the {}'s need to be replaced with []'s)

If you don't have a web server email them to me and I will put them up.
Old 03-07-04, 05:27 PM

Okay, I'm sending them to you for putting em up. Enjoy!
Old 03-07-04, 09:59 PM

I didn't receive anything from you, if you can, email them to info @ animeglitch.com (no spaces)
Old 03-08-04, 09:18 PM

Here they are:

That is an interesting case design. I wonder why they changed it from the original style.

Edit - problems with my server getting the last picture up so for now it is a half image

Last edited by fnordboy; 03-08-04 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-08-04, 09:26 PM

Probably because the first case they had was horrible. If you weren't careful you could actually crack two of the discs getting them out.
Old 03-29-04, 08:03 PM

Is Riget I & II available to buy yet? I would love to get a copy. Can anyone in Denmark help??
Old 03-29-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

check Xploitedcinema.com
Old 03-30-04, 07:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
check Xploitedcinema.com
and for 75 bucks.. ouch!
Old 03-30-04, 07:59 AM

A little bit cheaper here : http://www.laserdisken.dk/html/visva...59164954562914 (299 kr = about USA $48.98) , if you can get along with Danish and depending on what shipping is.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.