Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lars von trier's The Kingdom Danish DVD on August 1 !!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Lars von trier's The Kingdom Danish DVD on August 1 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI: ...comparison review of the Seville and Zentropa releases...

. . . . . .
Old 08-05-03, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by blessthemess
U know what..... Got mine in the mail 5mins ago!
Tak Ulrik!!!
same here! thanks!!!!!
Old 08-05-03, 11:13 PM

I got the shipment notice form Ulrik last friday

I don't know if they have arrived

I'll have it with me in 1 or 2 weeks until my friend form the usa comes to mexico

THANKS ULRIK!!!!
Old 08-06-03, 12:45 PM

If this great release is anything to go by.... wonder if Zentropa's releasing any other von Trier's works.... Not much help here tho: http://www.zentropa.dk
Old 08-08-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, have any of you watched The Kingdom yet?

Care to give a review?
Old 08-08-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by smokedragon
So, have any of you watched The Kingdom yet?

Care to give a review?
I really wouldn't want to spoil too much, but here is an overview. The majority of the story takes place in a hospital and the main characters are primarily doctors, nurses and patients. The story itself is very surreal, quirky and somewhat Lynchian in nature. It plays out like a soap opera in a way, but it is definitely not standard tv fare. The writing and direction are brilliant, as expected with Von Trier. The second part isn't quite as good as the first, but you'll still be hoping for a part 3...
Old 08-08-03, 04:27 PM

awesome awesome awesome.

Got mine today in NYC. I think that took less than a week.

For once, I am glad the weather is supposed to be crappy this weekend.
Old 08-08-03, 07:34 PM

Got mine today. Packaging was a little ragged - I can't imagine where it had been - but the set survived in perfect condition.
Old 08-08-03, 09:23 PM

any reviews? audio, video, extras, packaging?
Old 08-08-03, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by BigT
Got mine today. Packaging was a little ragged - I can't imagine where it had been - but the set survived in perfect condition.
Heh heh... You know what, mine as well! The post office had to seal it in their bag to prevent further damage!

Anyways..... i have the Seville version as well... and i must say there are MANY (did i stress that enuff?) scenes that were cut/excluded/shortened from that release.... eg. the morning briefing on episode 1, Bondo philosophizing about pathology, on ep.4 Stig comes in to work hugging the carpark kids and the "parking attendant", etc.... The Zentropa release flows more fluently.... wif Stig Helmer coming in at the start of every episode. The extras are fantastic too and i believe that and reviews are stated by Ulrik & Hendrik above if you would just scroll up a lil, Maur0.....

Starting on II later....

Last edited by blessthemess; 08-09-03 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-09-03, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by boc4ever
I really wouldn't want to spoil too much, but here is an overview. The majority of the story takes place in a hospital and the main characters are primarily doctors, nurses and patients. The story itself is very surreal, quirky and somewhat Lynchian in nature. It plays out like a soap opera in a way, but it is definitely not standard tv fare. The writing and direction are brilliant, as expected with Von Trier. The second part isn't quite as good as the first, but you'll still be hoping for a part 3...
As usual, I post something that I didn't mean. Bloody hell I wish I had a brain.

I have watched The Kingdom numerous times, but have only seen The Kingdom 2 once.

The Kingdom is an amazing series. I first saw it on Cinemax. Then I purchased the Asian DVD.

I am very happy to be able to upgrade AND have the Kingdom 2.

I received a shipping notice from Ulrik Friday. I cannot wait.

We all should have a thank you thread for Ulrik. He deserves it, don't you think?

Anyway, looking forward to watching The Kingdom yet again.

Wish I could talk my wife into watching it with me. But, subtitles just ain't her thing.

Pity. She's missing out on a lot.
Old 08-09-03, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by smokedragon
I received a shipping notice from Ulrik Friday. I cannot wait.

We all should have a thank you thread for Ulrik. He deserves it, don't you think?

Anyway, looking forward to watching The Kingdom yet again.
Yes...you're in for a treat. Like you have expressed in your post both myself and am sure many others can't thank Ulrik enough, i really hope he's still looking in on this thread and seeing how appreciative we are of the 'fruits of his labor' not only was it an incredibly generous offer to begin with but he dealt with it in a ruthlessly efficient manner and can't have been easy fulfilling all his requests and co-ordinating the packaging and despatch of the items to various locations around the globe...i just hope he got some kind of 'cash back' or other store offer for groceries etc..from that supermarket he used
Old 08-09-03, 11:38 PM

Received mine today (Seattle, WA)--can't wait to watch it.

TAK, ULRIK!!!
Old 08-13-03, 09:08 AM

re:

Got my copy yesterday (HK) !!!

Thanks Ulrik !
Old 08-15-03, 03:13 PM

Also just recieved my copy and wanted to publicly thank Ulrik for doing us all such a great service!
Old 08-15-03, 03:45 PM

I watched the first 4 episodes over the last 2 days. The picture is very grainy and soft, with muted colors, but it's exactly what von Trier was aiming for, so don't be alarmed.

The series itself is enormously entertaining--I can't wait to watch the final two discs.

The extras are OK--commentary tracks are for a few selected scenes only. The documentary feature is good. A booklet would've been nice (but also expensive to print in all eight languages).

Very pleased with this purchase.
Old 08-16-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my set yesterday! I have watched the first two episodes and yet again I find that The Kingdom is a fantastic series. I never get bored watching it.

Question: Will Lars get any credit in the upcoming "The Kingdom Hospital"? Will Stephen King acknowledge "The Kingdom" at all? Or, will ABC pretend to the masses that it's an original idea from the not anymore master of horror?

A huge thank you to Ulrik. I don't know if he is still here on the boards, but I do want to tell him how much I appreciate his thoughtfullness to all of us.

Tak,Ulrik!
Old 08-23-03, 01:21 AM

Got my copy today.

Thanks, Ulrik!
Old 08-23-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my copy also yesterday. It arrived in a plastic bag covering the original package, so customs must have been interested. However, the DVD was still sealed and in terrific condition. I watched the documentary and a bunch of the extras. What a great set!

Thanks again, Ulrik!
Old 10-15-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If anyone is still interested in this release you can get it from DiabolikDVD.com, they have a limited amount in though. I received mine this morning Haven't looked at it yet though.
Old 10-15-03, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm interested in getting the 4-disc set. Has there been any Danish online etailer carrying this special edition that will ship to the US?
Old 10-15-03, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by skatefan20
I'm interested in getting the 4-disc set. Has there been any Danish online etailer carrying this special edition that will ship to the US?
I think the issue was that it was only sold in certain stores and not online. Like I said in an earlier post Diabolik DVD (US store located in NJ) has/had them, I just did a search and could not find it so they might be sold out now. Try emailing them and asking about it. I know they said they only had a limited amount of them.
Old 10-15-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also stocked at the ever reliable and thoroughly recommended Xploitedcinema (although their prices can be a bit steep)

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=1249
Old 10-16-03, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually Xploited's price for this is very good. All the Danish e-tailers I've looked at are asking the full retail price of 499kr, which comes out to about $78 based on current exchange rates. Xploited is asking $75 and shipping is cheaper.
Old 10-16-03, 09:37 AM

I agree with Dan Average. I don't remember what the guy who was picking this up for DVDtalkers was asking, but 75 is a pretty good price. I think I paid almost $10 more from Diabolik for it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.