Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ronin - Ultimate Edition (R2 Japan)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts

Someone, either here or in another forum, recently posted a photo of the packaging of this upcoming 2-disc set.

CDJapan has it listed for release on 7/18 but doesn't have many details. Aside from DTS sound, the features mentioned aren't much different from the R1 edition, and certainly wouldn't seem to merit a second disc.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GXBU-15745

Does anyone know of someplace with more details?

One thing that concerns me is that the film has quite a bit of French dialogue that I would not expect to be translated unless you keep the English subtitles running through the whole movie.
Old 06-14-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A dts track for Ronin? It would most definitely suck.

... FROM THE STRAWS OF PERFECTION!

Maybe there'll be extra bits with Jean Reno. He's dead popular in Japan. (Don't believe me? Check out his inept japanese commercials at www.japander.com).
Old 06-14-03, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if it's the same version they are selling at amazon.co.jp. It comes out the same day and is quite a bit cheaper
Old 06-14-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only new features I could fing were 2 interviews. One with Natasha McElhone and one with the composer?

Ronin Info at Discstation
Old 06-14-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally posted by Manco
The only new features I could fing were 2 interviews. One with Natasha McElhone and one with the composer?

Ronin Info at Discstation
Looks like there's a mini commentary by Frankenheimer (about 28 minutes), another ending (about 2 minutes), animated photo gallery (about 4 minutes) and the theatrical trailer, in addition to the ones you mentioned above.
Enjoy!
Old 06-15-03, 11:34 AM

If the DTS track rivals the old DTS LD track, it would ,indeed, suck from the straws of perfection.
Old 06-16-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had this posted a few weeks ago in the thread up top (DTS & Anamorphic list)! Something to look forward to!

Mikkis, I am sure it is. That is where I will be ordering it from!

And as far as the French speaking...there is very little.... and it is mainly from Dinero while in the bar asking for a quick drink. Simple as that!

And don't forget to use the amazon.co.jp coupon for an extra 500 yen off the price! 3,383 yen at amazon which comes to $24.52 before shipping with the extra 500 yen off (if it is still valid).

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 06-16-03 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-17-03, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
And don't forget to use the amazon.co.jp coupon for an extra 500 yen off the price! 3,383 yen at amazon which comes to $24.52 before shipping with the extra 500 yen off (if it is still valid).
Yep, I ordered it from there and it came to about $28 including shipping with the coupon. The coupon is valid to end of this month.