Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dark Water R3 Vs. All Code

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-03, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased both the Region 3 and All Code editions of "Dark Water." The All Code edition seems to suffer from PAL conversion flaws. There are heavy black streaks around objects during movement. I played this disc on three different DVD players including the Malata 520 in both MOVIE and STILL modes but experienced the same flaw which leads me to believe it's the transfer at fault. The Region 3 edition plays great on my Malata 520. By the way, this movie kicks A**!!! Another great horror flick from the director of "RINGU" (and it's in DTS).
Old 05-20-03, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, since this movie has either only been released as a Region 2 Japanese release or a Region 3 HK release then the Region 0, or All Code, release s obviously a bootleg so any problems it has can be attributed to that. Great movie though, the US remake of Ring even seems to crib some stuff from this movie.
Old 05-21-03, 01:00 AM

there's also a new Korean disc that's All region but it doesn't have any English subtitles. however, i doubt that's the version that FILMCZY is referring to.
Old 05-25-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have the R3 and it's perfect. Like Harosa said, it sounds like a boot to me.