Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody having problems with DVD.it, dvdland.it?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-03, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried paying for a DVD at DVD.it, but their online checkout company keeps refusing my credit card. My credit is fine, so there's no way it should be refused (which my credit card company told me when I called), which leaves me wondering if there's something glitchy at their end. Anyone else have problems paying recently, or have a similar experience at some point?

As for DVDland.it, I ordered a disc that was scheduled to come out about three weeks ago. It came out as scheduled, as I heard from one person who had received it. DVDland, instead of shipping the disc, keeps pushing the release date back (??), and I haven't received any response from them yet as to why this is the case. They've pushed back the date at least three times. Since I have paid for this disc, I'm getting rather pissed. They provide no updates as to why this is happening. Anyone know of any reasoning behind this? Is this something they've done on other discs before?

All in all, these experiences make me want to stay far away from these e-tailers in the future, especially DVDland.it. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-28-03, 03:44 AM

What disc did you order from DVDland.it? They do seem to be a small company, but I've had no problems with them in past and I've placed a few orders with them. They even sent me a Christmas card (!?).
Old 04-28-03, 12:39 PM

I ordered La Storia Immortale (The Immortal Story), from DVDland.it. Still awaiting any word from them as to the delay.
Old 04-29-03, 07:52 AM

you need to be patient, in my experience they're unreliable but honest, sooner or later you'll receive your DVD, next time try dvd.it or dvd2k.it

mdm67
Old 05-04-03, 11:00 AM

My advice to everyone ordering Italian DVDs is to stay the hell away from dvdland.it. These ripoff artists have pushed back my order yet again (another ten days), and I still have received no word from them as to why. I am going to get my credit card company on the case. Screw these people.
Old 05-04-03, 04:20 PM

So you're saying that they charged your credit card? In my experience they don't charge the card until the items are shipped. They will however place a reserve on your account before shipping, just as many e-tailers will. Why don't you just cancel your order? You won't have to deal with your credit card company unless they actually charged your card.

It's also worth pointing out that DVD2k.it lists the release date as 3/20, which is 7 days later than DVDland.it's projected release date. Where did your friend buy the disc?
Old 05-04-03, 06:17 PM

I had to pay when I checked out, through their payment system. The charge was on my statement for the past month. If they had an option to cancel the order, I would, but I can't find any such option on their site. The guy I know who got the disc got it from dvd.it, about three or four weeks ago. I tried ordering the disc from them, but had the problem mentioned in my first post.
Old 05-04-03, 06:48 PM

I've only used dvdland.it once, but had no problems.
Old 05-04-03, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by Shiv Shankly
I had to pay when I checked out, through their payment system. The charge was on my statement for the past month.
That's not a charge, it's just a reserve or authorization that's done through a third party company. DVDland doesn't actually charge the card until they ship. I have no idea how hard it is to get a hold of them, but until they ship you should be allowed to cancel the order.
Old 05-14-03, 07:24 PM

Has anyone ordered from dvd.it in the last week or so? Looks like their shipping charge (at least to the US) has just increased dramatically -- e.g., it would cost nearly 24 Euros for shipping 1-2 DVDs!!!
Old 05-15-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've used DVD.it once and had a pleasent experience.
Old 05-30-03, 09:24 PM

With Dvdland.it, your card is debited a few days after the order is placed, even if it is not yet shipped (due to preorder or backorder).